Equipment: 1200th Graf Pants Post

TLow97

Aug 15, 2012
Twin Cities MN
I know it probably gets old, but I see some Graf pants on serious discount on Total Hockey's site. I'd need a 56. I'm 5'9". Wondering exactly how long these suckers would be on me. If they go past my knees I'll probably have to pony up and grab some CCMs. But between the Grafs and CCMs, there is currently a $60 difference.

I should also add that the reason I need new pants to be color coordinated for my league... kind of why I'd ideally like to save a few bucks if possible.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

TLow97

Aug 15, 2012
Twin Cities MN
Ok, more specific:

I'm trying to decide between:

CCM U+ Fit 07 LE

or

Graf G5 IX

I've tried both on. I've only worn CCM pants in the past, and the 07's pretty much feel like any other CCMs I've worn. The Grafs didn't feel terribly long on me (which was one of my main concerns). They feel like they have a ton of padding, but make me think they may restrict movement a bit.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Never tried on Graf pants, can't help sorry.

When I was pants shopping, I would put them on and do air squats in them. If I could squat down and back up without them sliding around or restricting movement too much, they were great. Even though my Tacklas seemed like they'd be heavy and restrictive, they moved with me completely while squatting, so I bought them.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Never tried on Graf either, but they borrowed their design and fit style from Tackla, so a snugger waist with traditional wider legs. I find that the length fits true to size, but CCMs run short size-for-size. So if you find a medium Graf (48) perfectly fitting on the upper half but a little long, try the CCM in the same size.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
i've tried on grafs on the past and like jarick and air already stated, they do fit pretty similar to tackla. legs were about the longest i've tried on size for size out of any brand i've seen so they were no good for me. judging by your height and size option, i'd stick to ccm.

TLow97

Aug 15, 2012
Twin Cities MN
Thanks for the advice. Pulled the trigger on the CCM's.

Managed to find a less expensive pair than the ones I originally listed (bought the 07's vs the 12's). These ones felt better overall anyway, plus I got 20% off @ Hockey Monkey. Not to mention they also had the helmet I've been looking for (Royal Bauer 4500 XL)... the stars aligned on this one. :-P Slipped in an Easton Getzlaff blade as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad