GDT: #12 - Sharks @ Columbus - It's... - 2/11/13 - 4:00pm - CSNCA KFOX

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I'm getting irrationally angry about '11 again. ****. We had our #1C, #1RW, #2C, #2LW, #3C (but one of our best 6 forwards), #1D, #3D, and #4D all injured, most of them serious. We lost because of a stanchion. Who knows what happens if the refs don't blow that icing call at the end of game 5 and we win and go back to HP for game six? Kesler had gotten injured in period 3 of game 5, so he wouldn't be right in game 6, so we'd have a leg up.

What if, what if, what if...

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I'm getting irrationally angry about '11 again. ****. We had our #1C, #1RW, #2C, #2LW, #3C (but one of our best 6 forwards), #1D, #3D, and #4D all injured, most of them serious. We lost because of a stanchion. Who knows what happens if the refs don't blow that icing call at the end of game 5 and we win and go back to HP for game six? Kesler had gotten injured in period 3 of game 5, so he wouldn't be right in game 6, so we'd have a leg up.

We'd have won the Stanley Cup against the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
In retrospect maybe it was appropriate that this GDT begat what amounted to a comedy show.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Well I think I may be able to help you. You see our team is suffering from what we Vets haven't found a word for. Its condition is typified by total physical inertia, absence of interest in its ambiance - what we Vets call environment - failure to respond to the conventional external stimuli - a puck, a net, goals. To be blunt, your team is in a rut. It's the old stockbroker syndrome, the suburban fin de siecle ennui, angst, weltschmertz, call it what you will.

Last edited:

AgentCooper

May 10, 2009
Boston

The only thing I remember about that series (thanks to selective memory of course) is Canuck fans telling us how Hodgson is so much more mature than Couture. :laugh:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Just listened to TMac

After what he said, if the team comes out flat today (don't care about W/L as much as effort) then to me that shows what HB was saying earlier. i.e he has lost the room/players. At that time I don't see if there is any quicker (not necessarily right) solution than replacing TMac.

But then, whoever comes in will have to deal with players not putting in a work effort in their conditioning. Sharks are simply out of shape and do not have the stamina for 3 periods. I doubt with their salaries and personalities, any coach can come in now and push a conditioning regiment.

If this season goes in the basket, then the Sharks would do best breaking up the big names and get younger guys hungry to make a name for themselves. Those types are more willing to go through the conditioning needed.

Hockey requires conditioning more like football, and less like baseball or golf. Yet these guys appear to either stand around like they are playing golf, or skate behind the heels of the opposition.

Sweat more in practice, sweat less and win more in games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad