Prospect Info: //#12// HFStars 2014 Top-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
That's possible. I just value his upside more than the likes of McKenzie and Ellie. He's a smart kid with loads of offensive potential and good size to boot (6'2 200+)... and it's not like he didn't produce, 10 goals and 44 points in 69 games for Regina last year.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
That's possible. I just value his upside more than the likes of McKenzie and Ellie. He's a smart kid with loads of offensive potential and good size to boot (6'2 200+)... and it's not like he didn't produce, 10 goals and 44 points in 69 games for Regina last year.

I don't think he's up there with Byström and is a notch behind Hansson and Jokkipakka.

Primetimey*

He has decent upside, but is so far behind on the development curve. 44 Points as a 19 year old is very ho-hum, average joe.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
He has decent upside, but is so far behind on the development curve. 44 Points as a 19 year old is very ho-hum, average joe.
Yeah but like you alluded to, he was coming off of what was essentially a lost season. He had a lot to learn coming into the season and he made big strides as the season progressed. I'm really looking forward to seeing what he does this year.

MetalGodAOD*

How did McKenzie not even crack the top five here?

I imagine a lot of people, myself included, want to see if last year was a fluke. He's never put up top 6 numbers before last season, so it's a fair criticism.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Draft position has mattered in these rankings I think. If Pollock finishes 12, it will be a first and a second from each of the past 5 drafts in the top 12.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
Draft position has mattered in these rankings I think. If Pollock finishes 12, it will be a first and a second from each of the past 5 drafts in the top 12.

Also many people dont see alot of projection with him. He had a great AHL season but I just dont buy that he has top 6 NHL potential. He doesnt have the skill, the wheels, or the smarts to to get there, imo. I like the guy, but the higher end potential of several other guys trumps him.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
He's also 23 years old. He didn't make the Top 20 at all last year and he likely will this time. He had a great season and put himself back on the legit prospect map (playing with arguably the best AHLer and an out-of-place NHLer), but let's not go overboard.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Pretty cool that we have yet to exacerbate our top 6 potential/top 4 defense potential(though top 4 defense is close) and we are 60% of the way through the top 20.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

He's not a top 5 prospect in our group. His top end potential isn't as high as a lot of guys but he's closer than most. He's a really tough guy to judge, personally. This whole thing we do is anything but an exact science.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
So he would only be able to do it with Morin, but not Seguin or Spezza?

He's not Steve Ott, but that's the equivalent of playing Steve Ott in the Top 6. His hands are pretty average, and I absolutely enjoy watching him play some I'm not trying to pick on the guy or anything.

He is what he is. He's probably a guy that can stand in front of the goalie on the PP, but he's not a sniper by any stretch of the imagination. He's a potentially very good Bottom 6 forward that can put up some points ... hopefully a guy like Roussel and Garbutt right now.

I still believe Sceviour ends up as a better overall player than any of Dallas' current Bottom 6 wingers, but I've always really liked him so that really could be a bit biased. I've never been a huge Garbutt fan, and I know it's unlikely, but the Eakin line would be even better with Sceviour on the right wing. There's almost no doubt in my mind.

Back on topic though ... I'm beyond disappointed if McKenzie is in the Top 6 with Seguin/Spezza with no injuries to Benn, Hemsky, Nichushkin, Rtichie, Sceviour, and honestly even Cole at this point.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Pretty cool that we have yet to exacerbate our top 6 potential/top 4 defense potential(though top 4 defense is close) and we are 60% of the way through the top 20.

Definitely. I doubt there are many teams out there still looking at potential top-6 guys in the teen ranks of their prospect pool.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Damn, don't recall to many 3 way ties lol. I almost think I should have picked Pollock instead of Ully, but it's so close

Primetimey*

Arkham32, Cin, Klockis, Lucy963, marty182, Modo, Nemeth, SonicSpeedDash, Stars_fan9, aisforaaron83, KiedisA, Dr GLU, hairylikebear, Primetimey, WhoahNow

Need to revote :P

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is it getting close to the point where we start thinking about voting for Sinitsyn? He's not a huge step down from Bystrom. I'm going to start voting for him as soon as Pollock and Stransky are in.

It feels strange that I haven't voted for him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln