GDT: #12 // Blackhawks @ Oilers // Nov 1 @ 7 PM MST // TV: SNET-W

What did you do on Halloween night?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Hell of a home debut for the Oilers goalie.

Has an Oilers goalie ever gotten a shutout in his hone debut before?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I'm not taking it in isolation. 3 min on the powerplay to close out the game and they never got a single shot on goal. If that doesn't spell out the special teams issues to him, nothing ever will.
You think they were trying to score there? He was keeping all the stars off until the last 30 seconds to rest them, we have to some how keep mcdavids minutes lower...

Your posting is worse than his coaching, and that says something

Legobbles

Mar 10, 2016
Halifax, NS
A few guys with great games tonight (Koskinen, Nuge, Cags, Klef to pick a couple). I saw Drai up and down. He had some monster shifts (including a great move for Chiasson's goal), but was also doing that thing he does where he just blindly fires the puck into the open and turns it over.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I'm not taking it in isolation. 3 min on the powerplay to close out the game and they never got a single shot on goal. If that doesn't spell out the special teams issues to him, nothing ever will.

The goal was to not get scored on, or even give up a half decent chance against. The game was in the bag.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Legobbles

Mar 10, 2016
Halifax, NS
You think they were trying to score there? He was keeping all the stars off until the last 30 seconds to rest them, we have to some how keep mcdavids minutes lower...

Your posting is worse than his coaching, and that says something
I mean, at least I'm not resorting to ad hominem.
The top teams (which is a level we apparently want to get to) use those opportunities to bury their opponents. Yeah, I get why that particular one was lackadaisical, but in trying not to take risks, they crossed from calm to relaxed. It was sloppy, not controlled. It had the same issues they've shown all game and all season. THAT'S on the coach, who I will admit to having run out of patience for.

No need to insult my posting, I have no issues responding to comments and having a conversation like an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad