GDT: 12/9/16 - Wild vs Oilers - 7 CT / 3 AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Staal's move on the SO was filthy, and Stewie's was nice. Dub was okay in the SO, the rest of the game he was great. The play in OT was nice to see zone pressure almost the entire 5 mins.

4th line was outstanding. Gabriel's penalty was bogus, but looks like a makeup call for not calling his lateish hit earlier in the shift. Lots of ozone time, drew a penalty, some scoring chances; I couldn't really ask for more.

Scandella/Prosser was decent again. Spurgeon didn't have a good game.

Dumba. well he scored, but the play he took the penalty on he shouldn't have played with the puck and just dumped it further up ice.

Brodin was there, even the play he got turned around he didn't really play it wrong. He kept position between the net and McDavid, got a stick lift in there.

Parise needs to get moved to the 3rd line. He's not good with Staal/Coyle. Hasn't shown he's more than a 3rd liner so far this year.

The 5v4 PP looked not good again. The 4v3 PP needs to have Granny on it, he excels in the open ice.

I'll take the win, but it shouldn't have been that close of a game. I'll take 1 McDavid and 1 Draisaitl to stay with Minny before The Oilers leave town.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
You forgot Zucker. I thought he was outstanding. He gets on the forecheck so quickly it disrupts the other team's breakout, and you can see his confidence growing offensively with every point he scores. Before you know it we'll be worried that Vegas IS going to take him in the draft.

Granlund was pretty good, too.

Remember, Scandella hit the post in regulation time.

McDavid scares me every time he is on the ice...one of the best, most exciting players I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. A true Superstar in the making. Draisaitl also had a very good game. I must say i don't see anything in Klefbom...didn't Graovac dangle him?... and he got walked around again in the third, i think. I know it can happen to anyone, but he also got beat on the game winner last night. Yet EDM fans will go on and on about what a great defender he is.

I thought Eberle looked fast, and handled the puck pretty well. He usually looks worse than that, to me. RNH, in spite of the tying goal, not so much.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You forgot Zucker. I thought he was outstanding. He gets on the forecheck so quickly it disrupts the other team's breakout, and you can see his confidence growing offensively with every point he scores. Before you know it we'll be worried that Vegas IS going to take him in the draft.

Granlund was pretty good, too.

Remember, Scandella hit the post in regulation time.

McDavid scares me every time he is on the ice...one of the best, most exciting players I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot. A true Superstar in the making. Draisaitl also had a very good game. I must say i don't see anything in Klefbom...didn't Graovac dangle him?... and he got walked around again in the third, i think. I know it can happen to anyone, but he also got beat on the game winner last night. Yet EDM fans will go on and on about what a great defender he is.

I thought Eberle looked fast, and handled the puck pretty well. He usually looks worse than that, to me. RNH, in spite of the tying goal, not so much.

I took a gander over at the Oilers postgame and game threads. They are rather down on Klefbom/Larsson pairing. Sekera is their best dman right now.

The Koivu line was good all around.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
The Finns and Zucker seem to have found some chemistry, and it is working at both ends of the ice!

I think it's Zucker who has found the right gear. I never really liked him (thought he was too sloppy in passing/shots), but currently he is one of the mvp's of this team and has made the 2nd line our best line.

If only Parise wouldn't have lost all his skills and speed we would have 4 pretty decent lines.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Could Granlund finally have found his triggerman? Though he still needs to shoot more.

And I'm not mad at Gabriel for that penalty in the third. After seeing the replay....that wasn't a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad