GDT: 12/9/14 - Isles @ Wild - 7 PM CST / 3 AM EET - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
New York Islanders (19-8-0) vs Minnesota Wild (14-10-1)
Xcel Energy Center
St. Paul, MN

Islanders unconfirmed lineup:

Kulemin - Tavares - Okposo
Grabovski - Nielsen - Bailey
Lee - Nelson - Grabner
Martin - Strome - Clutterbuck

De Haan - Reinhart
Leddy - Donovan
Hickey - Strait

Halak
Johnson

Minnesota Wild unconfirmed lineup:

Parise - Granlund - Vanek
Zucker - Koivu - Pominville
Nino - Coyle - Haula
Carter - Brodziak - Fontaine

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella-Brodin
Ballard-Prosser

Bäckström
Kuemper

PITBULL-SUCKS2.gif

Make your predictions!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Vis is probably back in the lineup tonight. His partner is Hickey, but that doesn't guarantee Strait will be scratched.

Lee had a hearing with the NHL yeaterday. Still no word if he's in the clear or not.

Strome on the fourth line may look puzzling, but he's been very good for us so far. All four lines usually get 10+ minutes a night a Strome's shown ge can handle defensive assignments and elevate the play of pur fourth liners. He'll probably get shifts with other lines too.

No clue on the goalie yet. We've been riding Halak for a bit, but we're also without Boychuk & Hamonic.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Last year this was a team you were almost expected to destroy. Looking at their lineup now....man.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Folin scratched, so Ballard-Prosser third pairing.

Which is perfectly Yeolo.

Folin coming off his best two games in a Wild uniform, where he was the third pairing guy trusted to up his game to the 2nd pair and took on 17 and 19 minutes a night over those two games gets scratched for the "gritty" vets Yeo trusted with 12 minutes or less with Suter out.

Perfectly logical.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
Yeah Folin deserved to play.

I've been having serious Wild hockey withdrawals. Our team doesn't play enough. When they do, the games fly by.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Looked at the standings today and got kind of sad. This feels like a game the team can't afford to lose right now.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Folin scratched, so Ballard-Prosser third pairing.

Which is perfectly Yeolo.

Folin coming off his best two games in a Wild uniform, where he was the third pairing guy trusted to up his game to the 2nd pair and took on 17 and 19 minutes a night over those two games gets scratched for the "gritty" vets Yeo trusted with 12 minutes or less with Suter out.

Perfectly logical.

waitwhat.gif

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Saw a bunch of the guys at lunch today downtown, so that's pretty cool. Didn't bother them of course, but always neat to see athletes outside of the arena.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Tonights refs

Scouting The Refs ‏@ScoutingTheRefs · 11m11 minutes ago
Refs for #Isles #MNWild are the two Brads: Watson & Meier. Scouting report: http://scoutingtherefs.com/2014/12/6250/tonights-nhl-referees-linesmen-12914/ … #NYI #MIN #Islanders

the wild's favorite ref :sarcasm:.

Watson AND Meier???

tumblr_msj67ikHbW1qcosbdo1_400.gif

Two of the absolute worst refs in the entire NHL. No idea if the calls will be for or against us, all I know is they will all be BAD calls.

Those two shouldn't be allowed to ref pee-wee.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Maybe Watson and Meier craptasticness will cancel each other out? Eh. Whatever. If we go up 5-0 then we don't need to worry about the refs. In the words of Our Jacques Lemaire, "Just score da goals, guys."

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Minnesota Hockey ‏@MinnHockey 5m5 minutes ago
There will be 8 players from Minnesota in tonight's @mnwild game against @NYIslanders

:handclap:

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Ballard - Folin is what I was hoping for. Really liked Folin's game. That's a pretty gritty third pairing as far as ballards hitting and Folin's size

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Hi Guys,

sorry for the annoying fantasy questions but do you think Backstrom will be taking over the goaltending duties from here on?

I'm debating on if I should hang on to him or let him go.

Thanks

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Hi Guys,

sorry for the annoying fantasy questions but do you think Backstrom will be taking over the goaltending duties from here on?

I'm debating on if I should hang on to him or let him go.

Thanks

No, unless he plays out of his mind, which is unlikely. Very unlikely.

Kuemper just needs some time off to clear his head and stop playing like an idiot; he'll return as starter within a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad