Recalled/Assigned: 12-7: Sabres Recall D Tennyson and G Wedgewood from Rochester; Wedgewood & Tenny Now Reassigned

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
WTF happened to Guhle's development? Someone explain to me. I'm begging.

Nothing has happened to his development, he's just playing poorly and they'd probably rather let him figure it out in Rochester than bring him up and risk his confidence getting shot even more. I don't mind it for now, also have to consider that Nelson is a righty and out, so Tennyson is next up for RHD.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
681b65cd9c22b8d2e58228de924052f5.png

BuzzKillington90

Jul 12, 2011
Albion, Ny
The girlfriend meme but with either Phil or Botterill looking away from “playing good players.”

Who would you have called up instead? Guhle? The one that by all reports is struggling mightily? I don't see any other defensemen under NHL contract on the Amerks worth recalling....

So what exactly is the point you're trying to make here?

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Who would you have called up instead? Guhle? The one that by all reports is struggling mightily? I don't see any other defensemen under NHL contract on the Amerks worth recalling....

So what exactly is the point you're trying to make here?
Matt Tennyson is still comprehensively worse than any form of Guhle.

Guhle also consistently plays better with NHL surroundings and won’t have a ton of chances to be evaluated with the big club because the team has a surplus of defensemen.

So what exactly is the point you’re trying to make here?

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I'm not very high on Guhle right now, especially if he's still struggling in Rochester.

Last season I counted things like puck battles, entries allowed on his side, and exit passes for our defensemen and he was comprehensively the worst Sabre D at these in any of the games I watched, and it wasn't particularly close. He was missing guys in stride by 10 feet with some passes. And his in-zone coverage was, erm, lacking, is the term I'll use.

His skating is a tool, like Olofsson's shot, but they still have to do a lot of work with him to bring the rest of his game up to par so that he can use that tool. I'm sure his corsi was gr8

Tennyson is balls too though, so I can see why people would prefer Guhle (Tennyson did not play in any of the games I counted)

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Guhle is just in his second pro season. Development is not linear. There is still time -- lots of it -- to iron out his game.

This is a recording.
Without a doubt.

And we also don't have an NHL-good defenseman wasting away in Rochester because of our dastardly front office buffoons.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Matt Tennyson is still comprehensively worse than any form of Guhle.

Guhle also consistently plays better with NHL surroundings and won’t have a ton of chances to be evaluated with the big club because the team has a surplus of defensemen.

So what exactly is the point you’re trying to make here?

What an asinine take. We’re playing our 10th dman (Tennyson) with 4 dmen out injured. Guhle, in his 2nd pro season, is struggling in Rochester many nights badly. We are calling up an organizational depth vet with NHL experience over the struggling kid who hasn’t played well enough to warrant call up. Possibly one of the least controversial ho hum moves a team could make.

Guhle isn’t up and playing because of Guhle’s own play in Rochester not because of your other hot take ..... that Housley and Botts are “looking away from playing good players”.

Maybe follow LGA and/or some other Rochester folks to get a better picture of what’s going on on the farm. None of them are very surprised that Guhle wasn’t called up. EDIT: IN fact an argument was made that Borgen had a long shot chance. Can’t remember who that was, Bakes or LGA maybe?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad