GDT: 12/7 Game 26: Nashville at BRUINS 7 PM - NESN, FOX TENNESSEE, TVAS, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins flew home today from Vancouver to be rested for a tough Nashville team that also needs every single point they can get.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...hawks-bruins-avalanche-nhl-schedule/76753242/

Monday: at Boston Bruins, 7 p.m.

Nashville faces a surging Boston team Monday that has earned points in eight consecutive games (6-0-2). The Bruins missed the playoffs last year for the first time since the 2006-07 season, leading many to wonder if their time as a championship-caliber team in their current form was over. Those declarations haven't necessarily been debunked yet, but the Bruins remain entrenched in the Eastern Conference playoff picture.

Predators vs. Bruins last season: 1-1-0

Key player: David Krejci. Limited to 47 games last season because of various injuries, Krejci has returned to health by leading the Bruins with 26 points, including a team-high 17 assists and three game-winning goals. Krejci is obviously a skilled offensive forward, but he can also be depended on to play responsible three-zone hockey, making him one of Boston's most important skaters.

Quotable: “If we want to stay in the run, and if we want to continue to be a playoff team, I think these are the kind of games you’ve got to win. These kinds of wins for me just solidifies the fact that we know what we need to do to have success, and hopefully we embrace the style of play that’s given us success.†— Bruins coach Claude Julien on Boston's 4-0 win against Vancouver on Saturday

Last edited:

BigBadBruins63*

Nashville's defense is just ridiculous. Should be a fun to watch. Hope the B's bring it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1449461951000

Tonight's Officials
Referees Tim Peel (20), Dean Morton (36)
Linesmen Brandon Gawryletz (64), Steve Barton (59)

Ntl. Anthem Thomas Joyce

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Predators tonight in the 1st of 2 games between these teams this season and Nashville’s lone visit this season to TD Garden … The Bruins are 14-8-3 overall and are 5-6-1 on home ice … They are 2-3-0 vs. Central Division teams and are 5-4-2 vs. Western Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing tonight just their 2nd home game in an 8-game span from Nov. 23-Dec. 9.

They are concluding tonight their 3rd of 12 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season

They are currently 0-1-2 in the 1st game, 1-1-1 in the 2nd and 2-0-0 in game 3s.

BOSTON vs. NASHVILLE, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Predators are meeting for the 22nd time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 12-4-1-4 record and 61-50 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 7-2-1-0 in their 10 home games of this lifetime series with a 32-20 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins have taken points out of their last 9 games vs. Nashville at 6-0-3 with their last regulation loss to Nashville a 5-0 road setback on Dec. 30, 2006 … They have won their last 5 home games vs. the Predators with their last home loss of this lifetime series a 2-1 setback on Nov. 28, 2003.

- Fun Facts: The Predators are the only team with which the Bruins have not yet made a trade … The home team has won 9 of the last 10 games between these teams with Boston’s 6-2 win in Nashville on Dec. 23, 2013 the lone exception in that span.

Selke37

Bear since 1989
Dec 5, 2011
Bruins World
Nashville's defense is just ridiculous. Should be a fun to watch. Hope the B's bring it.

Especially Roman Josi - guy is logging more minutes than Shea Webber gathering most Dman points in Nashville (55 points last year compared to Webbers 45).

Very underrated guy and would be a nice pickup for the B's at the Trade Deadline (too bad he is a LD though).

B's win in OT :nod:

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I've caught glimpses of Nashville recently and it appears as if they are in a bit of a funk. 3-5-2 in their last ten, and Rinne has been beatable.

And there's always James Neal.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've caught glimpses of Nashville recently and it appears as if they are in a bit of a funk. 3-5-2 in their last ten, and Rinne has been beatable.

And there's always James Neal.

I live in Nashville and watch a lot of their games. They looked great at the beginning of the year but I agree lately they've cooled off. They are a fun team to watch though, my favorite western conference team. Forsberg is ridiculous. I've always liked Weber and I really want to find a way to ship Josi to Boston without the Preds noticing.

BigBadBruins63*

Especially Roman Josi - guy is logging more minutes than Shea Webber gathering most Dman points in Nashville (55 points last year compared to Webbers 45).

Very underrated guy and would be a nice pickup for the B's at the Trade Deadline (too bad he is a LD though).

haha, Preds would trade Weber before Josi.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm not sure what to expect from this game.

Our forwards need to shoot at every opportunity but our defense needs to play well. Be interesting to see who Claude goes with but I hope he keeps Morrow in.

Elmer

Dec 18, 2014
Boston
If Seidenberg suits up I'm going to play my Seids Drinking Game. Every time he loses his stick drink a beer, every time he ends up on the ice on his hands and knees have a shot.
Figure I'll be passed out by the second intermission.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

I am pretty sure everybody in the NHL is well aware of how good Roman Josi is...especially Nashville. He's not going anywhere.

I really liked what I saw from Ekholm last year as well, but I don't think he's going anywhere either.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If Seidenberg suits up I'm going to play my Seids Drinking Game. Every time he loses his stick drink a beer, every time he ends up on the ice on his hands and knees have a shot.
Figure I'll be passed out by the second intermission.

Substitute Kevan Miller and you will be unconscious before the end of the first period.

:laugh:

Any updates on McQuaid?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Monster in net as per the Twittersphere.

It'll be tough tonight. Given the long travel distance, I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a stinker but I hope I'm wrong.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Monster in net as per the Twittersphere.

It'll be tough tonight. Given the long travel distance, I wouldn't be surprised if they put up a stinker but I hope I'm wrong.

Strange call after the Rask SO and no back-to-back this week.

I would have rolled the hot hand and played Rask in all 3 games this week.

If Monster is really the starter, hopefully he has a better game than against the Flames...

Go B's!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope Quaider will be OK. I think he has been playing very well this season.

Please win.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He had a 5 day break before these games.

No doubt he's able to handle it.

No doubt he could handle it, but if you don't have to, why bother? People make a full time job out of complaining that we don't use our backup enough, and then when they do, there are complaints about that. It's a no win situation.

I'd rather give him the extra rest now and let him focus solely on Montreal. Time to exorcise that demon.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Strange call after the Rask SO and no back-to-back this week.

I would have rolled the hot hand and played Rask in all 3 games this week.

If Monster is really the starter, hopefully he has a better game than against the Flames...

Go B's!

gus wasn't that bad against cgy.
he let up one softy.
there was no defense in that game by either team whatsoever.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

With Josi it I really wouldn't care that he is LD :laugh: He's a top10 D in the league.

gus wasn't that bad against cgy.
he let up one softy.
there was no defense in that game by either team whatsoever.

But why wouldn't we play our #1 tonight?
What's a good enough reason to not to?

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
But why wouldn't we play our #1 tonight?
What's a good enough reason to not to?

Because he just played in 3 games over 4 days and the Bruins just flew from the west coast to the east coast and we actually have good backup this year so we shouldn't shy from using him against good teams and the Bruins have a tougher opponent on the road 2 days from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad