GDT: 12/6/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Leafs are good at limiting quality shots, and letting Andersen see the weak ones.

Agreed, this isn't a Maurice-Leafs iteration team where we'd regularly outshoot teams and not be able to score......Leafs like to generate high quality chances in the slot and tend to overpass. A lot of the shots were on the perimeter from the Flames....some of those can be tricky through bodies but generally, are far lower % shots.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
I like the leafs as much as anyone but I think Winnipeg got our team beat on "best team in Canada".
meh. leafs fans were told last year was a one off and they'd regress straight back. and no playoff success yet. why would we give the jets the benefit of the doubt?

nope. they have a lot more to prove than the leafs. same number of wins too. just a couple of OT Losses separating their record.

so nah, the leafs have done it two years now. it's leafs till jets prove otherwise.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I didn't think the Flames had a lot of quality chances. Lots of shots, but Andersen saw all of them and the D cleaned up the rebounds.

Shot totals show the territorial dominance, but I don't think Andersen stole the game or anything.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I didn't think the Flames had a lot of quality chances. Lots of shots, but Andersen saw all of them and the D cleaned up the rebounds.

Shot totals show the territorial dominance, but I don't think Andersen stole the game or anything.
yep. For what it's worth, Leafs had a 44-33 edge in scoring chances and high quality chances were 15-15

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Refs getting Philly back in the game

Are you joking? We could easily have had 8 legitimate powerplays so far. There was a missed elbow literally seconds before the one they called and another 3 or 4 clear as day interference and tripping calls just missed due to the number already called.

I’ve never seen a team commit as many offences as the Oilers.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are you joking? We could easily have had 8 legitimate powerplays so far. There was a missed elbow literally seconds before the one they called.

How about that highstick on gryba after the whistle? No call with a ref standing 5 feet from it.

BakedYams

Jan 14, 2017
Are you joking? We could easily have had 8 legitimate powerplays so far. There was a missed elbow literally seconds before the one they called and another 3 or 4 clear as day interference and tripping calls just missed due to the number already called.

I'm going to have to agree here. Refs could have called more easily.

Reactions: 1865

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
yep. For what it's worth, Leafs had a 44-33 edge in scoring chances and high quality chances were 15-15

For the record, most of us watched the game. Andersen stole 2 pts. You can keep your fancy stats or flush them.

BTW the Oilers vs Flyers are the game now. I am sure there is a PGT somewhere on the team board.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
it's pretty sweet to be a leaf fan these days. half the roster is capable of stealing games. someone steps up almost every game.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
For the record, most of us watched the game. Andersen stole 2 pts. You can keep your fancy stats or flush them.

BTW the Oilers vs Flyers are the game now. I am sure there is a PGT somewhere on the team board.
you sound like youre trying to be the moderator or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad