GDT: 12/5/15 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ San Jose

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
unfortunately, so did the rest of the Atlantic. :cry:

Like I said when I checked the scores earlier tonight - do any of them lose anymore? Jeezus. Detroit, Ottawa, Florida all on win streaks, and even Boston losing 2/3 in Western Canada came in OT and shootout losses, so they still accrued points all the same.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Is a high stick to a goalie that causes an injury not a penalty? I think it was incidental contact but they call high sticks for it all the time even if the guy barely makes contact with the head. What tha?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Is a high stick to a goalie that causes an injury not a penalty? I think it was incidental contact but they call high sticks for it all the time even if the guy barely makes contact with the head. What tha?

Yeah it doesn't have to be intentional for it to be a penalty. Obviously he didn't mean to, but it was still careless to hold it out in front of his face like that.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Well thank God he's okay. I'm sure we'll have Vasy in net tomorrow night so may as well give Bishop a few days to let the swelling go down in his eye.

JS91

May 14, 2014
Missed this one. Seems like Drouin got 13 minutes while Filppula at 23 minutes played more than Hedman at 22 so seems like Coop's decision train is still going full speed ahead. Oh well, at least we got the win so that's good.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Missed this one. Seems like Drouin got 13 minutes while Filppula at 23 minutes played more than Hedman at 22 so seems like Coop's decision train is still going full speed ahead. Oh well, at least we got the win so that's good.

We took 8 penalties, so that kept a lot of guys who normally don't kill penalties off the ice.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
My heart sank when I read "Bishop injured" on NHL.com. Fortunately it only seems like a minor thing that he exaggerated again. Without him we're officially doomed. Vasy is good and all but we don't have even half of our 13 wins without Bish.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Burns played 10 more minutes than Hedman. 10!

I would play a guy who could do this the entire 2 mins on a PP every chance I got. Burns has more points than any Lightning forward as well.

[NHL]2015020397-613-h[/NHL]

Hedman is a defensive and transition beast but I hope he can find a way to develop his offensive game in the zone.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011

It was because we were on the PK so much. Stammer was on the PK which was an unusal sight and he did good!

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Best thing about the win is Bish will be ok it seems.
Second best thing is we didn't lose our composure in the 3rd in the face of the Sharks surging ,taking out our goalie and the refs calling everything on Bolts and nothing on the Sharks.
There should be a complaint to the league on the non call on the Bishop high stick because it was so dangerous.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I would play a guy who could do this the entire 2 mins on a PP every chance I got. Burns has more points than any Lightning forward as well.

[NHL]2015020397-613-h[/NHL]

Hedman is a defensive and transition beast but I hope he can find a way to develop his offensive game in the zone.

Hedman shows glimpses of his offensive skill every now and then, and joins a rush or two. Wish he was a better QB on the PP. There are times where you see him completely take over a game too which is nice. Burns did play forward a few years ago, he's very talented, that beard alone makes him amazing.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Nah, just that he had us so worried. Thank god he's okay!

Luckily I'd paused the 3rd to eat dinner so I'd already heard he was okay before I watched it in the game. Even knowing it wasn't serious I was still freaking out when I saw it. Hopefully he'll be okay to play this week. I don't know if there's any swelling that might affect his vision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad