GDT: 12/4/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I mean, the Thornton hit, you can debate. But the slash by Dillon at the very end of game definitely merits a suspension. Whether or not Bowey's hand turns out to be broken, Dillon ought to sit for at least 2-3 games, IMO.

As for the Sharks, they don't strike me as a dirty team at all, typically. But tonight's game did get nasty, from the Oshie concussion onward.
I knew Dillon would react after being hit and interfered with in the waning moments of a loss, but that wasn't the smartest way to go about it, especially with slashing being the new league hot button.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Ekholm is absolutely obsessed with fake tough cheap shots after the whistles. Nashville thinks they're tough, targeting the likes of Bergeron several times. Rather pitiful.

Il Stugotz

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2008
44 miles from Chicago
It’s such a bizarre complaint. Thornton is the biggest guy on the ice, a veteran of 1,600 games played, and he accepted a fight with a clean square off.

Better that fight than Wilson headhunting Pavelski or something.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Ekholm is absolutely obsessed with fake tough cheap shots after the whistles. Nashville thinks they're tough, targeting the likes of Bergeron several times. Rather pitiful.

11wbhp5_jpg.gif

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
There's no reason for a defense. Your bias is clear. So is mine. What's the point? We got the win. That's all that really matters.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Mike Smith has finally come back to earth from his hot start. 17 goals against in less than 5 games. That was bound to happen sooner or later.

Reactions: Devonator

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Can i just say the bitterness and bitching in this thread is awesome...like every fan seems pissed in here...lol.

Reactions: All Might

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
How can 2 guys who get paid to officiate a game call a high sticking penalty on Frolik when his stick is in the corner battling for the puck and Philly's own guy high sticks him? Like, come on.

Can't the officials get together over something like this and reverse the call if the other ref or even linesman saw something different. They do it with the stupid delay of game penalty.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
That might be the worst/most tame game misconduct penalty ive ever seen. Im not even mad, im laughing. Gulutzans reaction was priceless

Reactions: Steven and Gary 23

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Horrific call.

Hamonic goes for the hit and Weise tries to dodge it and brushes Hamonic's jersey = 5 minute major.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
That'd be a bad call if it was made on the fly, but to review it and still come to that conclusion is just hilarious

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
So in this game the Flames have taken a high sticking penalty where Philly clipped his own guy while there was no Flames stick in sight and now a 5 minute major for hitting to the head, when he didn't hit him in the head.

What's next? David Rittich taking a goalie interference call by sitting on the bench?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad