GDT: 12/31/17 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Columbus

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Gourde is doing his usual things. Pushing people bigger than him, making breakaways on PK and not scoring.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Guys like Gourde, Dotchin, and Brown are what this team needs especially come the post season.

I am not condoning taking unnecessary penalties mind you, but they are sandpaper and that is something past Lightning teams really lacked.
Many times, the opposing team's gameplan is to 'push TB around'.

Those guys just won't allow that....AND they can play hockey.

I'll live with the penalties they will take here and there (within reason)....team just needs to kill them off.
But I value the fact they aren't going to allow other teams to take advantage of the star players or the goaltender.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Well, considering we were outshot 12-5, I will take a scoreless tie going into the 2nd.

TB needs to pick up the shot totals for sure....but meh, the 3rd is our period anyways. We save our best stuff for that. :naughty:

Go Bolts!

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
Yanni Gourde is relentless!!
I’ve been a believer in Yanni since his days in the Q, but honestly I never thought he’d make it to the NHL as the definition of an energy player. And the best part about him, he makes his teammates better because his play is contagious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad