GDT: 12/3/15 - Wild vs Leafs - 7 PM CT, 3 AM Suomi - FS North

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
A classic mild snoozefest. I'd rather watch paint dry at this point, but we got the W.

Both teams put up nearly 30 shots, it was pretty back and forth. Don't know why everyone thinks a game has to be 4-3 to be exciting.

Hell, I'd rather this team win a 1-0 game than a 4-3 or 5-4 game, it fits our style and we play our best in these types of games.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I see it was a low scoring win tonight... how'd they look?

Pretty back and forth, I'd say our D did a good job of containing shots and a lot seemed to come from the perimeter. Probably 4-5 very good scoring chances for the Leafs, but Duby was great.

Toronto was playing angry after yesterday too.

Billy Mays Here*

Babcock had them playing well, or maybe we just sucked. Either way, pretty boring game but 2 points is 2 points I guess. Would be nice to see the Koivu line get rolling again, or for Zach to get one but oh well.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Babcock had them playing well, or maybe we just sucked. Either way, pretty boring game but 2 points is 2 points I guess. Would be nice to see the Koivu line get rolling again, or for Zach to get one but oh well.

Zucker, Nino, Parise. All been really quiet lately. But two wins in a row is two wins. Good sign we can get wins without these guys scoring.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

I think that means their due hopefully.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
How about when you have a clear shot from the blue line with an empty net, you take the shot instead of a pass Mikko. Some day that is going to hurt us when we fail to score and the team rushes on back the other way to score.

Remember that Av's playoff game? The shot on the empty net hit the goal post (it was meant to be a zone clear more than anything, not a result of passing up a glorious chance to score like Mikko tonight), Avs rush back the other way and score, and go on to win in overtime. Please just be selfish Wild players, and score when you get the chance FFS!

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
How about when you have a clear shot from the blue line with an empty net, you take the shot instead of a pass Mikko. Some day that is going to hurt us when we fail to score and the team rushes on back the other way to score.

Remember that Av's playoff game? The shot on the empty net hit the goal post (it was meant to be a zone clear more than anything, not a result of passing up a glorious chance to score like Mikko tonight), Avs rush back the other way and score, and go on to win in overtime. Please just be selfish Wild players, and score when you get the chance FFS!

Agreed. Overpassing and little puck possession is the epitome of the 2015 Wild. Just brutal hockey thus far, I don't know how we're over .500.

Scoring 1 freaking goal against the Leafs, that's not good enough.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
1-0 win eh? I see my pic in the OP worked out nicely.

Toronto_Maple_Leafs_1_.jpg

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

After going 1-4-2, a win's a win right now. We won on Tuesday and we won tonight, we're 2-0 in December. They've got a very good chance of continuing to win with their next 3 games being Avs, Avs, Yotes. They keep playing their defensive-structured game, they should be able to turn this thing on, especially if Parise and the Mikko line get going.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
A streak, a streak!

LOL

A win's a win and that's all I care about. We were mildly slumping and here we go, stringing a couple of wins together.

I couldn't care less if it was "boring" without a ton of goals or whatever. Any hockey diehard knows what matters is the final score at the end.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Agreed. Overpassing and little puck possession is the epitome of the 2015 Wild. Just brutal hockey thus far, I don't know how we're over .500.

In the immortal words of Dominic Toretto... "It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning's winning."

borisbadenough

Mar 25, 2013
Context: They were playing a team with with four 4th lines, a trap, one defenseman, a decent goaltender and they still almost lost .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad