GDT: 12/29 7 PM - Game 36: REMATCH - Ottawa at BRUINS - NESN, TSN5, RDS2, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
[NHL]912315[/NHL]

We all knew that at some point injuries would occur and and losing David Krejci for an extended period puts the B's behind the eight ball.

This season promised to be a roller coaster and right now we going down..... :popcorn:

Last edited:

bruins51

Jul 5, 2015
Bruins twitter posted an article an hour ago and made no mention of bringing Pasta back. Claude was also asked directly about it, and though he admitted he doesn't control that stuff, he said they thought they would stick it out.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=44108

Practice lines:
Matt Beleskey, Ryan Spooner, Loui Eriksson
Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Brett Connolly
Frank Vatrano, Landon Ferraro, Jimmy Hayes
Zac Rinaldo, Max Talbot, Tyler Randell

Think they would have already called up koko if they were going to do it, but we will see tomorrow.

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
habs win in a shootout tonight vs tampa bay, acted as if they won the stanley cup when they jumped off the bench. I know now why bruins fans detest the montreal canadiens.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20152016/[email protected]?1451336110000

Tonight's Officials
Referees Frederick L'Ecuyer (17), Kyle Rehman (37)
Linesmen Michel Cormier (76), Tim Nowak (77)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

BOSTON vs. OTTAWA, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Senators are meeting for the 128th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 73-37-8-9 record and 405-317 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 39-18-5-3 in their 65 home games of this lifetime series with a 219-164 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins have lost their last 2 games to the Senators, including a 3-1 setback in Ottawa on Sunday in the 1st game of this season’s series … They are 4-3-2 in their last 9 games, 9-5-2 in their last 16 and 17-6-2 in their last 25 overall vs. Ottawa They have taken points out of their last 5 vs. the Senators in Boston at 3-0-2, although Ottawa has won the last 2 of those contests in OT, and they are 9-2-2 in their last 13 games of this lifetime series on home ice.

- Fun Fact: The Senators are 1 of 3 teams (PHI, TB) who have never swept the Bruins in a season series … 17 of the last 19 and 21 of the last 24 games between these teams have been decided by 2 goals or less.

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Senators tonight in the 2nd of 4 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 2 games of this season’s series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 19-12-4 overall and are 8-9-2 on home ice … They are 8-5-0 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 14-6-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing game 9 tonight of a stretch in which they play 9 of 11 games on home ice, including the 2016 Winter Classic Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, from Dec. 12-Jan. 5.

- They are concluding tonight their 4th of 12 series of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They are currently 0-2-2 in the 1st game, 1-2- 1 in the 2nd and 2-1-0 in game 3s.

- The Bruins are also concluding tonight a home-and-home series with the Senators, as they lost a 3-1 decision in Ottawa on Sunday … It is the 3rd of 4 sets home-and-home series Boston has with opponents this season (TOR, Nov. 21-23, W-W; PIT, Dec. 16-18, W-W; BUF, Feb. 4-6).

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
need to win in regulation here. these divisional games are too important to keep losing.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
with krecji out maybe we see Koko brought in??? Krug i assume is still out as well... at least morrow should draw in now. I've wanted to see him play all year.

Chara-Trotman
Seidnberg-C Miller
Morrow-Mcquaid

Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly (or swap him and eriksson as spooner needs a shooter on his line)
Belesky-Spooner-Erkisson
Vatrano-Koko-Ferraro
Rinaldo-Talbot-Hayes

HeartsAlive

Apr 11, 2013
I think a Griffith recall might be the beginning of the end for one of Connolly/Hayes. He has definitely been the forgotten man this season even though he's over a PPG in Providence this year. Spooner and Ferraro are the ones playing like they deserve the extra ice time. I hope Spooner takes over most of Krejci's 5v5 time and Ferraro gets third line center + extra PK duties. I really hope he plays with Bergeron tonight. If Seth can produce, we are going to have a very good problem once Pastrnak is back.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Not surprised to see Griffith get the call-up over Koko. The kid has been dominant in the month of December. 17 points in 11 games. Let's see if he can make any sort of impact tonight. If not, I'd dangle him in trades while he's playing to see if a team wants to take him. Vatrano is the hot name on the streets right now, but Griff posted pretty similar numbers to him during last year's call-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad