GDT: 12/28/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think if Drouin came up with today's Cooper he would've been better off than the one back then who tended to lean on veterans out of habit, probably because he was more scared of big mistakes than anything.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He and Cooper butted heads for sure, but I think it was more Yzerman wanting him out of the organization. Obviously speculating, but Drouin's best performances as a Bolt came at the very end, and he finally got top 6 time. He even got PP1 time when Stamkos went down, and that was a dominant PP.

Just saying, I dont feel like it ended bitterly with Drouin on the ice. Seemed more like management starting the bad attitude purge.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
He and Cooper butted heads for sure, but I think it was more Yzerman wanting him out of the organization. Obviously speculating, but Drouin's best performances as a Bolt came at the very end, and he finally got top 6 time. He even got PP1 time when Stamkos went down, and that was a dominant PP.

Just saying, I dont feel like it ended bitterly with Drouin on the ice. Seemed more like management starting the bad attitude purge.
He was a consummate pro for the team and all the players spoke to it frequently, and they really didn't want to trade him. It was Jo's request.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He had the most success of his career here, I see the mutual incentive for him to come back on the surface. My doubts come from what may or may have not been happening behind the scenes, knowledge that we don’t have. Was it just Yzerman? We don’t really know.

A trade demand isn’t something I think is easily given or forgotten, but I think the mutual benefit is enough to consider

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I was banging the Drouin drum as hard as anyone last summer but it's time to move on. He's clearly not a top 6 forward anymore, his wrist may never be the same again. With how well Hagel and Paul have settled in, he doesn't really fit a need anymore.

It's a shame how things turned out, but we got the best out of that deal and he was able to get a nice contract out of it as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad