GDT: 12/28/13 "It's Not TV, It's HBO Upsets" - Red Wings VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Going to be ****ing pissed if changes aren't made on the PP-units by tomorrow.

And here I thought Dineen was the only one who was blind. ****ING WAKE UP.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
44398726.jpg

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
We really need to win games like this, Wings arent even a good team today, maybe they are struggling against us, but they look kinda bad. And this is another game we would have won if we just had one goalscoring top six forward or Thomas in goal instead of Clemmer. Anyway it looks better again and we are back on track after our two **** games.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Going to be ****ing pissed if changes aren't made on the PP-units by tomorrow.

And here I thought Dineen was the only one who was blind. ****ING WAKE UP.

This has to end! I mean come on! It seems our PP many times have no setup other than Campbell to Fleishmann. Many times during the PP we had 4 guys on the left side of the net! It's like on our guys just stand around in the left corner during the PP

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
We should had Thomas in net tonight. Huge mistake by Horachek. Tomorrow is a game we have much worse chances winning than tonight. Wings are just brutal 5 on 5

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Good effort but you see the talent difference on the powerplay. Its amazing how so many players miss the net on this team. I don't think I have ever seen a player miss the net more than Fleischmann throughout the season. As bad as he is watching Campbell and Kulikov play catch is ridiculous. Both are scared to shoot especially Kulikov. It looks like they are handling a grenade. Olsen from what we have seen is very willing to shoot and seems to hit the net nearly every time. I think he should get some pp time and also as some here have mentioned as I have, put Bjugstad on the off wing or at point and set him up for shots. He easily has the best wrist shot on the team and probably the heaviest slap shot. Huberdeau by the way looks pretty worthless out there. He is just out muscled, out skated in just about every play. When he has a little room he's not bad but its rare he does because he creates no separation with his slow skating. Too many pass first players here and not many alpha males on this team.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Good effort but you see the talent difference on the powerplay. Its amazing how so many players miss the net on this team. I don't think I have ever seen a player miss the net more than Fleischmann throughout the season. As bad as he is watching Campbell and Kulikov play catch is ridiculous. Both are scared to shoot especially Kulikov. It looks like they are handling a grenade. Olsen from what we have seen is very willing to shoot and seems to hit the net nearly every time. I think he should get some pp time and also as some here have mentioned as I have, put Bjugstad on the off wing or at point and set him up for shots. He easily has the best wrist shot on the team and probably the heaviest slap shot. Huberdeau by the way looks pretty worthless out there. He is just out muscled, out skated in just about every play. When he has a little room he's not bad but its rare he does because he creates no separation with his slow skating. Too many pass first players here and not many alpha males on this team.

That last sequence made me believe we should get Olsen on the point. I also think we need to move the puck down low more than try to always create PP chances from the point.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
Clemm gave us a chance to win, what are you going on about?

Clemm was deep in net (Markstom style) on two of those goals. He wasn't that great at all. That 4th goal should have hit clemm in the chest had he come out about a foot. The Detroit goaltender was very aggressive and you saw him come out to challenge shooters way out the paint. Goaltending of all our major problems has cost us the most this year.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
The Habs are still playing in Tampa right now in OT, so they will be tired tomorrow. Beating the crap out them early (5pm game I think) with Thomas in net will fix everything.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Clemm was deep in net (Markstom style) on two of those goals. He wasn't that great at all. That 4th goal should have hit clemm in the chest had he come out about a foot. The Detroit goaltender was very aggressive and you saw him come out to challenge shooters way out the paint. Goaltending of all our major problems has cost us the most this year.

So not a terrible PP and PK and a lack of scoring?

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
That last sequence made me believe we should get Olsen on the point. I also think we need to move the puck down low more than try to always create PP chances from the point.

This is something that we haven't done in what seems like forever. Opponents know that we don't do it so they always press their forwards way high. They practically play at the blueline right with Soupy & Flash.

Very exciting game but that bad start to the 3rd did us in. Not sure how much is left in the tank for tomorrow after that energy dump.

-ghoste

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
The Habs are still playing in Tampa right now in OT, so they will be tired tomorrow. Beating the crap out them early (5pm game I think) with Thomas in net will fix everything.

Nothing does me better than beating the Habs:nod: Most pompous fanbase out there.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami

The point was our strength when Garrison was here but now its our weakness because Campbell is really just a passer from there and Kulikov and Fleischmann are terrible with indecisiveness and can't hit the net to save there lives. We should be playing down low more and setting up our best player on this team (Bjugstad) from the half boards on the powerplay.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Well this nullifies pretty much the 5 game winning streak, back again by 10 of a playoff spot. If they win tomorrow... if, gets down to 8 points.

Just goes to show how hard it is to climb back.:shakehead

Erick*

Hopefully everyone named Tomas on the team is gone by the trade deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad