GDT: 12/26/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Columbus VS Tampa Bay

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
I will say this as Blue Jackets fan, seeing the game in person convinced me that Tortorella should never of been hired. The fact the team was nothing short undisciplined the whole game such as the 3 penalties in 20 seconds to Hartnell trying to injure Bishop (and I will bet you all on this thread a Publix sub he will get at least a 10 game suspension for it).

As a Lightning fan I like how the Bolts rebounded from the other night dismal game game against the Canucks. Stamkos has started playing much better last few games and Bishop is still playing at his best.

Aspie with attitude

May 9, 2013
People whine about Bishop and other goalies being divers but I'd rather have that than seeing them get injured on stupid pointless hits

From what I saw it looked as though Hartnell was blatantly trying to injure Bishop. I could be wrong on that but even another CBJ fan at the game I talked to said the same thing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I will say this as Blue Jackets fan, seeing the game in person convinced me that Tortorella should never of been hired. The fact the team was nothing short undisciplined the whole game such as the 3 penalties in 20 seconds to Hartnell trying to injure Bishop (and I will bet you all on this thread a Publix sub he will get at least a 10 game suspension for it).

As a Lightning fan I like how the Bolts rebounded from the other night dismal game game against the Canucks. Stamkos has started playing much better last few games and Bishop is still playing at his best.

There's nothing wrong with Torts in terms of keeping a keep disciplined. Trust m... if you **** up you're gonna hear about it and you're gonna pay DEARLY for it. The Lightning always ranked near the bottom of the league in PIM when he was in charge and the Rangers teams he coached were always well disciplined. I think the issue with the Jackets is personnel related and how Jarmo currently has the roster constructed and how it had been coached previously.

Skilled prospects like Milano and Rychel have not hit the big times yet and it's left the Jackets in a less than optimal state. You've got an amazing skill player in Johansen, an amazing 2 way forward in Foligno and then an army of Alex Killorn's behind them with the exception of Saad and Hartnell but even then, those are guys that get you over the hump. CBJ can't even get to the hump because the rest of the roster is laden with guys like Jenner, Calvert, Atkinson and Dubinsky. They are a dime a dozen and players like them are very poorly disciplined.

No offense but this is a team full of grinders and bangers that will NEVER be a threat to win a championship, but at best will make the playoffs and beat the **** out of you.

The smartest thing CBJ can do is that unless they're going to draft Auston Matthews, trade out of the pick for an elite player now and add to the list of Johansen and Foligno so they have another true scoring threat that can take pressure off the prospects to perform.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Whats with Stamkos actually sort of showing up the past few games...? I mean it raises his stock if he gets going for other teams to offer him but I mean c'mon at least show up more often and help the team make playoffs before you leave, win - win.

Big 2 points tonight with both Boston losing and MTL. Boston lost to Buffalo 6 - 3 :)

Heard about the Hartnell hit on Bishop, is he okay?

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He's fine. Played the rest of the game with no issues, not even his typical slow to get up routine when he's playing hurt.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I go away for a few days, and I miss Stamkos and the power play go wild...

...heck, maybe I am the reason for Stamkos not performing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad