GDT: 12/23/2016 | Wings @ Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
We just had a PP, and Florida had the best scoring chance while being shorthanded. Don't blame the refs, blame the coach and the players.

one for us 3 for them and they are the ones using the off hand to hold and slingshot themselves every play and hook every play. But we had one power play so its ok?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
one for us 3 for them and they are the ones using the off hand to hold and slingshot themselves every play and hook every play. But we had one power play so its ok?

You really think this game would be different if we had more powerplays?

We have the absolute worst PP in the entire NHL. Under 12% efficiency on the season, under 10% efficiency since mid-November. We are not losing this game because of the refs. We are losing this game because our team is not that good, and our coach likes to give our bad players a lot of ice time.

We could get 8 straight PPs, it wouldn't make a difference, the PP is an utter embarrassment, and the only way it changes if there is a complete philosophy change by everyone involved. That means not putting a guy who has no goals this year on the ice to start the PP.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Jensen with the classic "spinning turtle" move that will never block a shot. Surprised that didnt bounce off of him and hit Coreau in the throat, taking him out of the game.

Not a great blocking attempt. I would point out when the top of your box gets owned like that on the PK the D-man back is in a pretty tough spot. What I don't like about the wild spin is had Coreau got it Jensen was totally all turned around when the rebound spits out. But I certainly didn't think he was going to block it, the top of the box royally ****** that up.

Still good teaching moment on tape, no reason to whirl yourself into the ice. Get big going straight out and Coreau can plan based off that and you're not nearly as off balance if the puck spits back off your goaltender.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
You really think this game would be different if we had more powerplays?

We have the absolute worst PP in the entire NHL. Under 12% efficiency on the season, under 10% efficiency since mid-November. We are not losing this game because of the refs. We are losing this game because our team is not that good, and our coach likes to give our bad players a lot of ice time.

We could get 8 straight PPs, it wouldn't make a difference, the PP is an utter embarrassment, and the only way it changes if there is a complete philosophy change by everyone involved. That means not putting a guy who has no goals this year on the ice to start the PP.

I think being down 3 times to one to a team that is cleary hooking and holding like they on a prom date trying to get lucky is a joke. But our power play is bad so its ok for the refs to **** on us?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Same **** every game. This is like the 8Th game in a row we've been scored on 1st.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I think being down 3 times to one to a team that is cleary hooking and holding like they on a prom date trying to get lucky is a joke. But our power play is bad so its ok for the refs to **** on us?

Why not just toughen up and play tjrough it and score on the power play and then laugh right to them?

Much better plan than whining about refereeing

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

The boy who cried wolf is going to happen Aar000n. I am with you some nights the refs need to be called out, but it seems you call them out almost every game. The Wings also are not doing their part on a discipline aspect. We need to play through contract better to make calls more apparent. We also need to be a little less overzealous when defending.

The Wings have plenty to work on tonight before I blame the refs. I think there are absolutely times that is correct. But it is a drum you beat often and sometimes when nothing truly egregious has happened in my opinion.

The refs have been fine, sadly our play is lacking again.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada

We have the 5th most powerplay time this season in the NHL.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
The boy who cried wolf is going to happen Aar000n. I am with you some nights the refs need to be called out, but it seems you call them out almost every game. The Wings also are not doing their part on a discipline aspect. We need to play through contract better to make calls more apparent. We also need to be a little less overzealous when defending.

The Wings have plenty to work on tonight before I blame the refs. I think there are absolutely times that is correct. But it is a drum you beat often and sometimes when nothing truly egregious has happened in my opinion.

The refs have been fine, sadly our play is lacking again.

yeah I haven't said anything about the refs in several games but ok lets pretend I do that doesn't change the 3-1 calls or Florida's obvious dirty play being rewarded with calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad