GDT: 12/23/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2016
Oilers didn't deserve to win so I'll take the point.

Good game San Jose. You guys have yourselves one heck of a team! They looked faster, more dangerous and played like they wanted it more. Pavelski stood out for me, great player

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He salvaged a point in the 3rd by putting Draisaitl on McDavid's line so the Sharks couldn't swarm him and shutdown the top line.
His personnel decisions late in games and tonight's OT have been pretty questionable to say the least.

Sharks are a great team and the Oilers looked like crap until the third so I am happy with the point. Just disappointed with what happened in OT.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
mcdavid is like water. just flows around the ice through whatever opening is there.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Labanc has been really good so far for us. Doug Wilson hit on another late round gem for sure. Pretty good for a 6th round pick, methinks... :nod:

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Oilers didn't deserve to win so I'll take the point.

Good game San Jose. You guys have yourselves one heck of a team! They looked faster, more dangerous and played like they wanted it more. Pavelski stood out for me, great player

Don't forget to take Remenda back with you

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
McLellan makes some idiotic, game-costing decisions way too much.

McLellan is actually a pretty bad coach.

Plus, toughness is way overrated. Oilers fans complain about McLellan for putting Lucic in OT but who pays 6M/7 years for a guy who you is a liability in OT? It's not like this is the 5th year of his contract and he's just now slowing down either. This is the very first year of his contract. Why pay so much for a guy who is literally a liability in OT? "Toughness"? "Grit"?

I saw Lucic in the playoffs last year take stupid penalty after stupid penalty and score no goals against the Sharks. As soon as the Oilers signed him I knew it was a mistake.

Kassian showed why his grit is useless when he got beat up and landed no punches against a guy way shorter than him and then took 2 unnecessary penalties by getting riled up. Last time the Sharks had a player like that, Ben Eager was costing them games in the playoffs.

If the Oilers weren't out wasting money on idiots like Kassian and Lucic, put that money into defense instead, and had a good head coach, they would be an elite team. They're still decent just because they have McDavid who is ridiculous. But tonight they were dominated and didn't deserve a single point.

I don't mean to flame the Oilers. I just hate how people overrate toughness in general and I find it hilarious how people were hyping up the Oilers new found "toughness" when the players they signed for toughness won't help.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Talbot was the reason the Oilers got a point tonight. If he didn't play brilliantly and stand on his head those first 2 periods, this is a blowout. Obvious props to McDavid and that revamped 1st line in the 3rd, but Talbot was the only Oiler player to really show up in the first 40 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad