GDT: 12/22/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Vancouver VS Tampa Bay

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
When was the last time we were a real power-play threat?

2011 is the last time I remember it. Mainly because we did not get any power-plays in game 7 vs Boston and the Power-play had been a major weapon those playoffs.

Vancouver played us perfectly last night, put us on the power-play for a 1/3 of the game pretty much means we won't be scoring during that time. The fact we did is more of a fluke than anything, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Lovethiscity

Nov 9, 2014
Tampa, FL
It will be pretty damn hard to miss the playoffs when the team gets healthy.

When was the last time we were a real power-play threat?

2011 is the last time I remember it. Mainly because we did not get any power-plays in game 7 vs Boston and the Power-play had been a major weapon those playoffs.

Vancouver played us perfectly last night, put us on the power-play for a 1/3 of the game pretty much means we won't be scoring during that time. The fact we did is more of a fluke than anything, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

Yeah 2011 was the last time this team had a top 5 PP or even top 10.

EDIT: had to look it up. had 6th PP in regular season. 3rd post season

Last edited:

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So, I missed this one. 1/10 on the PP though, not much needs to be said.

Although, if you think about it, if we scored on 1 more PP, it would've operated at a 20% scoring rate. Which is good for a PP.

Math.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
It was painful to watch these guys struggle on the PP. I think Vancouver out shot us on the first 5 power plays and we struggled just to get into their zone. Vancouver is not a great defensive team but we made them look amazing

Night and day between our PP and Washington. These guys should watch Washington tape. PP 6-10 looked much better and we were very close to scoring on a few of those.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
It was painful to watch these guys struggle on the PP. I think Vancouver out shot us on the first 5 power plays and we struggled just to get into their zone. Vancouver is not a great defensive team but we made them look amazing

Night and day between our PP and Washington. These guys should watch Washington tape. PP 6-10 looked much better and we were very close to scoring on a few of those.

Could you imagine a team in 2011 giving us 10 power plays in one game? We would of laughed them right out of the building.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad