GDT: 12/2/23 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Dallas

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
First time for everything. At the very least they need to change whatever shit system they're running. Its clearly not working.
I'm with you 100%. We're 25 games in and there's no improvement. If anything, we've gotten even worse since Vasy got back.

The problem is, we have three NHL defensemen. Perbix and Raddysh aren't getting the job done like they were last year and it might have been wishful thinking they kept up their play. There's a reason Raddysh was a career AHL'er until age 27. There's more potential for Perbix to regain his level but even that is questionable right now. de Haan just isn't an NHL defenseman and Fleury is a tweener at best. Should we give a guy like Lilleberg or Carlile a chance? Can they be any worse?

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I'm with you 100%. We're 25 games in and there's no improvement. If anything, we've gotten even worse since Vasy got back.

The problem is, we have three NHL defensemen. Perbix and Raddysh aren't getting the job done like they were last year and it might have been wishful thinking they kept up their play. There's a reason Raddysh was a career AHL'er until age 27. There's more potential for Perbix to regain his level but even that is questionable right now. de Haan just isn't an NHL defenseman and Fleury is a tweener at best. Should we give a guy like Lilleberg or Carlile a chance? Can they be any worse?

This is it, game after game it's our defensemen who are screwing up the most.

If Sergachev played like how he is being paid we could maybe use him to hide some weaker D, but he isn't.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

Honestly, and I know stuff like this gets repeated ad nauseam in sports, but I really think they need to simplify their game and get back to working hard and focus on winning puck battles.

Success comes from effort and the effort isn't there.

We could swap out Perbix or Raddysh with some AHL guys but that isn't going to fix anything imo. The entire team needs a kick in the ass and they need to remember what it takes to succeed. They core guys know what it takes which is the frustrating part and why I really think its a coaching systems issue.

I really wish we could borrow Torts for one season lol. He'd be sure to weed out the slackers in no time :laugh:

This is it, game after game it's our defensemen who are screwing up the most.

If Sergachev played like how he is being paid we could maybe use him to hide some weaker D, but he isn't.
I agree, but we really don't have many options.
Thats the price you get for 2 cups and 3 finals in a row.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Honestly, and I know stuff like this gets repeated ad nauseam in sports, but I really think they need to simplify their game and get back to working hard and focus on winning puck battles.

We could swap out Perbix or Raddysh with some AHL guys but that isn't going to fix anything imo. The entire team needs a kick in the ass and they need to remember what it takes to succeed. They core guys know what it takes which is the frustrating part and why I really think its a coaching systems issue.

I really wish we could borrow Torts for one season lol. He'd be sure to weed out the slackers in no time :laugh:
Yeah, it's just me wishing some AHL guys could be an easy fix but I do know it's not that easy. I'm just trying to make sense of this shit situation when I know they have no business being this bad. And also being pretty drunk from watching that shitshow.

Reactions: Master P

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Did they mention why they switched goalies?

I was walking the dog when it happened.

When was the last time vasy was pulled?

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

While I agree there is inconsistent effort, the defensive breakdowns and grade A scoring chances we are giving up always seem to be the fault of a hand full of guys.

I agree with you about making simple plays out there as the key to get back on track. Not necessarily from an effort stand point, but it's harder to screw up.

Stelio Kontos

Nov 6, 2011
Please sign Ethan Bear to a 2 year.

ABB needs to go back and stay in the AHL dude is dogshit.. glendenning too.

This roster is just constructed weird asf

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Back from vacation, looks like the teams still on one and Master P still making bad posts.

Some were thinking getting Vasy back would give this team a "boost" but the problem wasn't the goaltending so I don't know what they expected. 5 on 5 play of this team is f***ing horrid.

The problem isn't goaltending if your 1M goalie is giving you a chance, it's definitely an issue if your 9.5m goalie is performing just as bad as said 1m goalie.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
This started in the front office folks. Paying Cernak 5.2 million for what he does? Sergasieve *8.5 million for his game? A complete failure on those contracts but the good news is that you might be able to move one or both at the deadline. Yeah its the d but last year there was a ton of hooting and hollering about what studs Pubix and Radish were. You all remember that? I never bought it any of it.

Reactions: Powerplay17

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Is there a move out there that makes sense that could possibly right the ship? Probably time is running out on something like that. This team just isn't good.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Please sign Ethan Bear to a 2 year.

ABB needs to go back and stay in the AHL dude is dogshit.. glendenning too.

This roster is just constructed weird asf

Signing Bear would be admitting that he screwed up with Perbix and Raddysh and by trading Bogosian.

Speaking of Bogosian, a solid stay at home defenseman is exactly what this team needs right now. :facepalm:

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
I know it sounds stupid to all of you but, how about running those lines I posted on the first page here in this GDT. Would be a good start by making some adjustments, and then escalate from there.

Examples:

Get Stamkos off the far wall and put him back at his natural position

Paul, on the third line, is a disaster - get him up on the second with Stamkos and Ace

Put Cirelli where he needs to be right now at 3C. Actually, for the foreseeable future

The defensive pairings put players that (I believe) would be better sheltered with one another.

Only change after today’s game is I would press box Perbix for a few games. He is clearly suffering from analysis paralysis. So swap Perbix with Raddysh

Hagel-Point-Kuch
Paul-Stamkos-Ace
Koepke-Cirelli-Jeannot
Motte-Glendenning-ABB

Hedman-Sergachev
De Haan-Cernak
Fleury-Raddysh

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
early game ? either way I was settling in to watch some lightning redemption and I see the game is over and we lost badly.

Oh well. I dig the dallas uniforms.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Enough of the "Fire Cooper" talk.

SFY may have drafted the core that earned consecutive Cups but who was the Coach that got them to learn the Lightning system and to play together as a team?

If the Lightning are foolish enough to fire Cooper, should he opt to keep coaching, he would be out of work less than a week before he was given the opportunity to coach another NHL franchise.

A coach is only as good as the talent he/she is given to work with. The Lightning mortgaged most of the up and coming future talent to win now, and have too much of their CAP invested in a group of mostly underperforming "stars" who seem to care less about playing at the moment as long as they get paid. Like the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Lakers, the Lightning have invested a LOT of cash in their star players while forgetting it takes a supporting cast to win games before you can win Championships.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Ok, I just got home from Orlando. What in the sam hell shitshow was this?

Did I just read a box score with Vasy having a .760 SV%?????

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
JBB has earned a lot of the credit he gets, but he didn't have to trade away McDonagh or give out the 8 year deals. I think it was a massive mistake we are reeling from
McD was always a likely casualty of the flat cap. Yes, JBB could've kept him one more year(last season), but then more than likely Tampa would've had to pay to move him. It was always going to come down to him or Sergachev, and JBB.wasnt about to lose the much younger player for a 34 year old that looked to be declining. Now the terrible overpay on Serg and his continued inconsistent play are another story, but keeping Serg over McD was never that hard of a decision for JBB imo.

Reactions: Tampa22

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad