GDT: 12/2/15 - 10:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Anaheim

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Good morning everyone! Saw the last two period and we were playing ok, the refs did not take our side at all but we still won despite having a lot of PK time in the 3rd.

That Cally waived of goal was just bad, I mean he isn’t weak in any way but not even he is strong enough to throw someone down with just the blade of his stick (no use of his upper body, including his arm since he didn’t even move his sick there), though he’s got to be a little flattered that they thought so.

Drouin was great.

And Bish was great again tonight, I especially loved that glove-save he did on Perry when he used his whole size, I was so sure that would go in.

And yeah:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
The attendance for tonight was 14,741. I didn't realize Anaheim was having trouble filling up seats.

Darth Corgi

Dec 23, 2011
Florida
Friggin Engblom making fun of SW people. Rick gets a pass but the pitchforks and light sabers are out for our new color commentator.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
There is a lot of whining about Bishop's height and goalie equipment size in the Ducks board right now.

"Bishop wouldn't be good if he wasn't so tall!!1!"

Well, if my grandmother had balls she'd be my grandfather. He is tall. Get over it.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Ducks fans, Lindback. 'nuff said.

I only saw the first period, and then highlights this morning. What a goal by Drouin. Sounds like he had a good game. Shame about the second disallowed goal. I don't think that was legit. Anyway 2 pts, that's all I care about.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I am getting to hate Engblbore more and more. Much more suited to NBC were they have no vested interest in the teams. Peckham is fine with the play by play calls , but has the charisma of a haddock, so needs an extrovert color guy to balance him out.

Next game I will see how bad the delay is between radio and TV.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
I am getting to hate Engblbore more and more. Much more suited to NBC were they have no vested interest in the teams. Peckham is fine with the play by play calls , but has the charisma of a haddock, so needs an extrovert color guy to balance him out.

Next game I will see how bad the delay is between radio and TV.

It's a very very bad delay.

I will see a goal on tv. I'll post about it on the GDT. You guys will post about it. There will be a post on the main board. I'll make a sandwich and take a short nap. 30 to 45 seconds after I wake up, Mishy will scream. I've started just watching the tv again. I don't like Engblom all that much, but the alternatives don't work.

BTW, if you guys think that Engblom is that bad, more than three consecutive games of Dave Mishkin will cure it. Either he's gotten worse or I've lost my taste for over the top homerism and screaming.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Solid win. I was watching on my laptop and it was giving me fits in the 3rd, so I missed most of it. How did 27-90-86 finish the game? They had some flashes of brilliance earlier on, but it seemed like BB was adjusting to them.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's a very very bad delay.

I will see a goal on tv. I'll post about it on the GDT. You guys will post about it. There will be a post on the main board. I'll make a sandwich and take a short nap. 30 to 45 seconds after I wake up, Mishy will scream. I've started just watching the tv again. I don't like Engblom all that much, but the alternatives don't work.

BTW, if you guys think that Engblom is that bad, more than three consecutive games of Dave Mishkin will cure it. Either he's gotten worse or I've lost my taste for over the top homerism and screaming.

I always thought Chief's homerism was over the top, but I could live with that. I did, however, never like how very, very basic his knowledge of the game seemed to be though. His cure for everything was "Well, they need to spend more time in the opponents' end." Yeah. No ****. Now please explain how to accomplish that.

Engblom has a much, much better knowledge of the game, but he has no charisma. That, alone, I don't think would be a problem... ...if he weren't paired with Rick Peckham. The two of them together are sort of like watching a comedy duo with two straightmen and no punchlines, ever. Engblom would probably work really well with a guy like Dave Mishkin, for instance, because he would balance a guy like that out.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Just watched the highlights and it's just sad. I did not see Stammer a single time in the whole highlights, not even sure he was on the ice for any of those shown chances, he certainly wasn't directly involved in any.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Just watched the highlights and it's just sad. I did not see Stammer a single time in the whole highlights, not even sure he was on the ice for any of those shown chances, he certainly wasn't directly involved in any.

Stammer is busy looking for his 12M ... leave him alone

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
I call him captain Money Bags

My wife dubbed him: Showcase

which I think fits as not finishing checks like at the start on the season, going through the motions, and just trying to avoid injury.
IMO: He is as good as gone as a Bolt, and am hoping SFY can get something back in a trade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

He was not bad last night, kinda invisible, only a few turnovers.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I miss Stamkos from the NYR series in the PO. He hit everything and layed out a few people, shot the puck. I don't remember how many goals he scored, but I remember he was playing great.

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
The attendance for tonight was 14,741. I didn't realize Anaheim was having trouble filling up seats.

They've always had trouble filling seats, of all the warm weather teams Tampa and San Jose are by far the most successful, oh and L.A.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Invsible and only a FEW for 12M? NO....

Also that stupid penalty, I mean guys have taken bad penalties towards the end of games , but that was just stupid to take. I cannot blame Coop for putting him and the top line out in the last 30 secs, the Boyle line which had been shutting down all game, had played nearly a min shift, so were tired, and the Kucherov line is not good defensively at all and they did not even have a 4th line. Not crazy about that 2nd line, It's too vulnerable and they got pinned a few times.

Btw, Is your Giraffe humping the Zamboni in your Avatar? :laugh:

Last edited:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

He had 2 notable plays. The first was a shot off the post right after a faceoff. The second was the stupid penalty in the last 10 minutes while trying to cling to the lead. Invisible for the rest. Not a good game for the captain.

edit- actually wait he got pinned in his own zone for a 2 1/2 minute shift. That also happened and it was unpleasant.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00