GDT: 12/15/16 - Wild @ Predators - 7PM CT / 3 AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Lucky win.

Played 1 period. Held on for dear life for the remaining 2 periods.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I was dancing around the house at the 3 points Staal got me with getting the empty netter. And then Granlund had to take it away by finally hitting an open net! Damn you, #64! :sarcasm:

Nice game of keep away towards the end there...and job well done to Dubs. Keep streaking with those games in hand!!!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One of Brodin's big weaknesses is his goal celebrations. Very poor technique. Seems to just mail it in.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Are his goal celebrations dynamic?

You tell us...

Nail-Yakupov-Goal-Celebration.gif

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
You know you're on a major winning streak when the only gripe is about a player's lazy goal celebration. :laugh::laugh::yo:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
40 CF%, 52% SC% 62 HDSC%....

A running theme with this team this year, getting killed in possession. But crushing it in scoring chances.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
BB took Lavi to school. NSH is supposed to be an offensive force but if you take ages to get the puck up the ice against the Wild there's a good chance you're going to lose. Nothing lucky about this one.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
And a win once more! Outshot badly after the 1st, but it didn't feel like they stopped trying. They tried to get out of defensive zone and actually did quite well still, Nashville just pressured really hard. They don't shoot just in shake of shooting like with Yeo. Instead every time they shoot, it's dangerous.

Dubnyk, man. On the late PK that Stewie gave them.. we have this saying in Finland, "Morjens, mikä seivi!" (Morjens, what a save [also morienttes at times]). It was a big one.

I don't know how they did it, but Wild looks like a strong team right now. Even when they're taking hits and shots, you can feel the confidence. I don't know.. got a feeling that BB trusts his crew. With Yeo, it felt like we were a bit afraid when leading. Maybe Yeo was too careful? He didn't trust himself nor the players? Don't know really, but so far so good.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i dont know how to feel after this win, play a terrific 1st then only 2 shots on goal in the 2nd? we had plenty of golden chances which is the result of good effort but why cant we bury more of those? i was ticked off at the ref with 6 min left #10 nsh lands on top of scandella in front of our goal & no call. oh well whos next?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
i dont know how to feel after this win, play a terrific 1st then only 2 shots on goal in the 2nd? we had plenty of golden chances which is the result of good effort but why cant we bury more of those? i was ticked off at the ref with 6 min left #10 nsh lands on top of scandella in front of our goal & no call. oh well whos next?

This is a game that a year ago, we would have lost 5-1. Yes, didn't play a solid 60 minutes but this playing style gives us a chance to have poor possession stats and still be able to score when chances occur.

Yes, it is no fun to be outplayed but that will happen. It is nice to steal a game. And have a goalie with absolutely absurd stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad