Speculation: 12/13' Trades/Proposals: Trade market is officially open.(LEAFS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I'd do:
Gardiner + Grabovski + MacArthur + conditional 2nd if Mac doesnt sign for Duchene + O'Reilly

Since This is under the scenario which RoR doesn't come to an agreement with the Avs he would have slightly less value I'd believe than Gardiner

Gardiner >= RoR
Grabovski + MacArthur + (2nd) =< Duchene

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
Where does Grabo go to get us a #1 center?

I would love to give up Grabo, Gardiner, +? to get OReilly and a #1C, but where is the #1C to get for Grabs, +?

Edit: Duh COL!@!

Oreilly + Duchene for Grabo + GArds + ?

Well this is with the idea that we tank a bit. I cant see them giving us two centres of that calibre for those two. Mainly because they'd essentiall be left with Stastny and Grabo as their top 6 C's instead of Duchene and Stastny. That's a downgrade even with the extra piece or two.

Gardiner for Orielly(Plus say Connolly for cap reasons)

Grabo for a mid-first round pick. Couple that first pick with our top 10 pick, move up to top 5 in the draft. That's just an idea.

But can you imagine, picking up Oreilly for Gardiner, then drafting Monahan. Oreilly, Monahan and Mcclement is a great two-way lineup of centres.

But of course that's too good to be true.

Really though I'm fine with the idea of trading gardiner this summer if it means bringing in a great C.

Apr 1, 2010
Well this is with the idea that we tank a bit. I cant see them giving us two centres of that calibre for those two. Mainly because they'd essentiall be left with Stastny and Grabo as their top 6 C's instead of Duchene and Stastny. That's a downgrade even with the extra piece or two.
The extra pieces would have to be good. Kadri +, or our 1st + or ??? +.

Gardiner for Orielly(Plus say Connolly for cap reasons)

Grabo for a mid-first round pick. Couple that first pick with our top 10 pick, move up to top 5 in the draft. That's just an idea.
Interesting. Dunno though.

But can you imagine, picking up Oreilly for Gardiner, then drafting Monahan. Oreilly, Monahan and Mcclement is a great two-way lineup of centres.

But of course that's too good to be true.
That is like my wish to somehow make hte playoffs and still draft top 3. :laugh:

Really though I'm fine with the idea of trading gardiner this summer if it means bringing in a great C.

PHaneuf might preferable but if it costs us Gards that is the price we must pay.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
The extra pieces would have to be good. Kadri +, or our 1st + or ??? +.

Interesting. Dunno though.

That is like my wish to somehow make hte playoffs and still draft top 3. :laugh:

PHaneuf might preferable but if it costs us Gards that is the price we must pay.

Honestly at this time with a new GM, I think all players are fair game. Thankfully Nonis is only going to trade young players for other young players so we don't have to worry about that. If someone we like is traded (such as Gards) we can be pretty certain we will be getting someone we will like equally, or better, back.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'd do:
Gardiner + Grabovski + MacArthur + conditional 2nd if Mac doesnt sign for Duchene + O'Reilly

Since This is under the scenario which RoR doesn't come to an agreement with the Avs he would have slightly less value I'd believe than Gardiner

Gardiner >= RoR

RoR is worth more than Gardiner... RoR is younger and was #1 C on his team last year, led his team in points, is HUGE on the PK, a future Selke nominee/winner.
Gardiner at a year older was our 3-4th D and was only so-so defensively.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
I'd do:

Gardiner >= RoR

That's basically Gradiner + Grabovski for ROR + Duchene which is just terrible.

For arguments sake, lets say Gardienr = ROR, so that means Grabo + Scraps (yes, Mac is not worth much more than a 2nd) for Duchene. That isn't even close.

You need to include Rielly in any Duchene trade, and even that shouldn't get it done. If I was trading Duchene, and I needed defense, I would look for established top pair defensemen, not prospects. Colorado has no need to move them atm unless they get what they want - which is not prospects. They have good D prospects.

And there is no way in hell they will move both even if Grabovksi was going back.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
RoR is worth more than Gardiner... RoR is younger and was #1 C on his team last year, led his team in points, is HUGE on the PK, a future Selke nominee/winner.
Gardiner at a year older was our 3-4th D and was only so-so defensively.

Agree regarding O'Reilly, but you are selling Gardiner short. He was known more of a defensive defenceman coming out of college. Although not that physical, he is pretty good in his own end, its his offensive game that seems to be better than advertised. I would argue that most mights he was our best defenceman. Not going by what pairing he was on, just his overall play in general.

Cool Hand Luke

May 27, 2008
What has O'Reilly done to prove he isn't "mediocrity"? 1 entire 55pt season.

BIg risk at 5M over long term.

at 3-3.5 for 1-3yrs I take him all day long.

Everyone here wants Getzlaf so badly...

Getzlaf at 21...ONE ENTIRE 58 point season

What a mediocre hack!

O'Reilly is 21 for ****s sake. You guys give yourself too much credit when judging "upside". I suppose HFBoards is full of professional scouts, right?

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
July 1 2014 right?

Could be a whole different landscape by then. I hope he stays. HE is a unique talent.

Not sure if it's July or October (new season) 2013, not 2014.

It might even be September 2013 (training camp).

On one of these occasions, his NTC kicks in.

Does anyone know the nature of the said clause?

Full or limited, and if limited, the details?

SnipeCheeseAllDay

Jan 16, 2007
Toronto
Gardiner + Grabovski + MacArthur + 2nd for Duchene + O'Reilly
Bozak + Franson for Luongo

-----------------------

Lupul (A) – Duchene – Kessel
JVR – O'Reilly – Kulemin
Connolly – Kadri – Frattin
Komarov – McClement – Brown
-MacIntyre/Colborne/Ashton

Rielly – Phaneuf (C)
Gunnarsson – Holzer
Liles (A) – Komisarek
-Ranger/Fraser

Luongo
Reimer

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
JoshuaCooper ‏@JoshuaCooper

No sign of Colin Wilson on the ice today at training camp

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
4.5 Million in cap space from T.Con
a couple million more from Lombardi.

Is something else on the way?

I don't think it's a matter of money. It's a matter of playing the players that deserve it.

Lombardi and now Connolly both struggled and couldn't find a place. Kadri, Frattin and Komarov have surpassed expectations and the Leafs would rather play them then the other 2.

So perhaps it looks like they are opening up space but it's nothing more than getting rid of older players for the young players.

I can't see any deals that would involve huge money coming our way. Season starts in 2 days, not 2 weeks.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I don't think it's a matter of money. It's a matter of playing the players that deserve it.

Lombardi and now Connolly both struggled and couldn't find a place. Kadri, Frattin and Komarov have surpassed expectations and the Leafs would rather play them then the other 2.

So perhaps it looks like they are opening up space but it's nothing more than getting rid of older players for the young players.

I can't see any deals that would involve huge money coming our way. Season starts in 2 days, not 2 weeks.

Bang On.

And I will support you by saying that I had a friend stop by the MCC last week to watch the scrimmages of various leafs & NHLers, guys like Stajan, Kaberle, Carlo C, PK Subban, Lombardi, Lupul, etc. He said that both times he saw Connolly he was by far the worst & laziest player on the ice. Last one off, first one off, falling all the time, and at one point went in on a breakaway against one of their old terrible rent-a-goalies and put one right into his glove, and the whole crew cracked up laughing. Anyway, he looked like garbage last week FWIW. Might not mean anything at all, but with that and then the fact that Carlyle wasn't happy with him so far in camp, I'm not at all surprised he's now on waivers. He also said that Lupul looked by far the best player on the ice.

PS. I disagree on the notion of no trades - only now that Carlyle has been able to gauge what he has would they be able to go forward with any trades IMO. Now more than earlier in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad