Post-Game Talk: 12/13/17 | Godzilla 7 : Bambi 1

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So Pouliot is now a "gutless loser" ....added on to..
"Pouliot Sucks"
"waste of a draft pick"
" we would have had a better player in Pokka"
"other peoples garbage"

all your own quotes...keep em' coming...expert.

What was your opinion of his effort level last night?

I've been quite complimentary of his play recently and this doesn't even have anything to do with his ability level. This player quit last night. And when you see an effort like that, it's hard to believe that this is going to be a guy you win with down the road, or who will make the most of his talent.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
i'm fine with showing emotion. not fine with flinging a splintered shaft of a stick into the stands...what if it hit your kid in the face?

Dramatic much?

It was nice to see someone frustrated with the performance last night. Usually the Swedes on our team show no emmotion. Nilsson breaking his stick showed more emotion than any of our high paid Swedish leadership group has shown in the last 2 years (Sedins, Edler, Eriksson)

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing
I hope people atleast now realise as to why we need guys like Gudbranson and a Dorsett replacement on the team.

Watson pretty much poo'd in Tanev's face and the Canucks just stood there and blinked. How does Scott Hartnell's armpits smell by the way? You know who knows? The Canucks. You know who's smiling about it? Hartnell.

Sooner or later, that's going to be Boeser lying on the ice.

Canucks need guys like Gudbranson and Dorsett. Anyone who doesn't understand that simply doesn't understand hockey in my opinion.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
Dramatic much?

It was nice to see someone frustrated with the performance last night. Usually the Swedes on our team show no emmotion. Nilsson breaking his stick showed more emotion than any of our high paid Swedish leadership group has shown in the last 2 years (Sedins, Edler, Eriksson)

Got a clue much?

lol that you think it's ok to fling a stick. this isn't even worthy of any more responses.

Reactions: sunnyvale420 and PM

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I hope people atleast now realise as to why we need guys like Gudbranson and a Dorsett replacement on the team.

Watson pretty much poo'd in Tanev's face and the Canucks just stood there and blinked. How does Scott Hartnell's armpits smell by the way? You know who knows? The Canucks. You know who's smiling about it? Hartnell.

Canucks need guys like Gudbranson and Dorsett. Anyone who doesn't understand that simply doesn't understand hockey in my opinion.

Well I may not know much about hockey but I do know the 2x Stanley Cup winners’ penalty leaders the past two years have been noted pugilists Evgeni Malkin (77 pims) and Kris Letang (66 pims). Maybe there’s more to team toughness than just having a couple of knuckle chuckers that kill you when they’re on the ice outside of the odd fight?

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Canucks lost all their jam when Dorsett retired. That guy set an example! Who set the example in this game? There is no leadership on the ice.

Nilsson looked very rusty. Canucks love bringing up Demko. What about a conditioning stint for Nilsson to get some games?

Canuck have demonstrated their game and it is lacking. Benning cannot fix this with one trade unless it's a three way and he guts both teams. I think he needs to stomp some NTCs and do the dirty work. It's time to purge, now that the candidates have made themselves known.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Canucks lost all their jam when Dorsett retired. That guy set an example! Who set the example in this game? There is no leadership on the ice.

Nilsson looked very rusty. Canucks love bringing up Demko. What about a conditioning stint for Nilsson to get some games?

Canuck have demonstrated their game and it is lacking. Benning cannot fix this with one trade unless it's a three way and he guts both teams. I think he needs to stomp some NTCs and do the dirty work. It's time to purge, now that the candidates have made themselves known.

He played on the 28th, 30th, 9th, and 13th, and has played like 1/3 of the team’s games. That makes even less sense than usual.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Well I may not know much about hockey but I do know the 2x Stanley Cup winners’ penalty leaders the past two years have been noted pugilists Evgeni Malkin (77 pims) and Kris Letang (66 pims). Maybe there’s more to team toughness than just having a couple of knuckle chuckers that kill you when they’re on the ice outside of the odd fight?

Right. There's a lot of room for discussion here.

Canucks do not have their games called like the Penguins. Start there.

Canucks have shown an embarrassing demeanor on the ice. They are not able to fend off other teams now and were a better team with gritty guys Gudbranson and Dorsett. They gotta do something! Adding a knuckle dragger is a short-cut but a poor fix. Canucks need a new culture. This means shipping out some guys. Canucks need to want a new culture but clearly do not.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Yikes, Pastor of Muppets is on quite the role right now. From blaming injuries, to refuting that this team isn't poorly constructed, and finally, to stating that Benning should be extended. All of these, of course, are ridiculous statements that have been quite easily rejected on here already so I won't waste too much further time (plus, I'm trying to take care of a 2 month old infant which is seemingly easier than coaching the Canucks...).

Injuries are a part of the game, and the injuries that the Canucks suffered are not extraordinary. Just look at the Anaheim Ducks, they have one point more than the Canucks and have actually suffered truly extraordinary injuries. Good teams have depth that can absorb injuries. Bad teams like the Canucks, have very poor depth as they target and overpay players that play way farther down the lineup than their salaries justify (Eriksson, Sutter, Gagner, Gudbranson, etc.) Imagine if some of these players were actually performing to or exceeding their cap hits? Would the injuries have the same impact? Obviously not.

As for the point that this team wasn't poorly constructed...ahh, a team that is substantially similar to a team that finished bottom three in the NHL the last two years is obviously poorly constructed. Like, I don't know how this is a contested point.

And finally, extending Benning after the results he has achieved so far? HAHAHA. I hope you are being sarcastic.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
He didn't purposely throw it into the stands. He broke it and a piece flung. Get over it

ok, at least you've proven to not even know what play i'm talking about. that makes me feel a bit better cuz there really is no defense for what he did...the dude smashed his stick over the crossbar, and then flung the shaft underhand like a projectile over the glass.

i'm over it now, cuz you're clueless.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor

If the Canucks had “pushback” and “sent a message”, they would have won 8-7. And no professional hockey players who make their living doing this stuff would ever bother them again!

Reactions: Peter10

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

LMFAO Gudbranson and Dorsett??? That's a good one.

Reactions: Toxic0n

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Of course we got our asses kicked. We're an barely average team at best and our lack of depth has been exposed by some critical injuries... and we were playing one of the top teams in the league.

We didn't stand a chance.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

Hey man why you gotta bring up how a dudes armpits smell ? For all we know Hartnell is the best smelling Predator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad