Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro

bannergdt.png

[FIELDSET="THE MATCHUP"]
2014/2015 REGULAR SEASON
GAME #12 - 11/05/2014

vs
(6-3-3) ____________ (5-4-2)

TIME | 8:00 PM ET VENUE | MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - NYC, NY TV | NBC SPORTS, TVA, SN1

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="ONLINE STREAMS/RADIO"]
ONLINE STREAMS: FRS - StreamHunter - MyP2P - STREAMO - Charlie460HQ | RADIO FEED: CLICK HERE

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEWS & NOTES"]

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; DET@NYR 03/09/14 - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - WINGS.com
NY Post - NYDN - Andrew Gross - MSG.com - Yahoo Sports - ESPN - CBC - SNET - TSN

AROUND THE LEAGUE:

aroundtheleague.png

NOVEMBER SCHEDULE:

novemberschedule.png

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="QUOTES TO NOTE"]

It’s frustrating to lose in a shootout. We had some great chances in overtime. It would have been nice obviously to get one there on the PP.
Having the lead, giving that up, it’s frustrating. We had the chance to win the game in regulation, we just didn’t do it.
- Marc Staal

I try every game to make a difference. I feel really good out there this year. Obviously you want results as a team and you want results individually.
This is a good team we played tonight. I thought we handled it pretty well with some of the guys we called up and some of the guys that were called upon to play more minutes.
I thought we battled. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the extra point. We definitely had looks to get it. We just didn’t get it.
- Martin St. Louis

Our 1st period was one of the best we’ve played, from the defensive side to moving the puck and creating some chances.
Obviously such a strong opponent is going to have a real tough push in the 2nd. They did, we bent a little bit. When Cam had to make some big saves, he did.
In the third period and overtime, I thought we really gave ourselves a chance to win this game. We put the foot on the gas and played hard. We had to come back. We had a lead.
They are a good team but we battled real hard tonight.
- Alain Vigneault

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="DETROIT RED WINGS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 12 | GF | 30
W | 6 | GA | 27
L | 3 | GF/G | 2.50
OTL | 3 | GA/G | 2.08
Pts | 15 | PIM/G | 8.5
HOME | 4-1-1 | PP% | 10.9
AWAY | 2-2-2 | PK% | 92.9
STREAK | L1 | FO% | 51.5

Division | 4th
Conference | 5th
League | 12th

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Gustav Nyquist | 7 Assists | Henrik Zetterberg | 11 Points | Henrik Zetterberg | 15 + / - | Abdelkader, Zberg | +5 Shots | Henrik Zetterberg | 37 Hits | Justin Abdelkader | 29 Blocks | DeKeyser, Kronwall | 18 PIM | Jonathan Ericsson | 14 FO% | Luke Glendening | 56.9 TOI/G F: | Henrik Zetterberg | 19:47 TOI/G D: | Niklas Kronwall | 24:24

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Justin Abdelkader | Pavel Datsyuk (A) | Henrik Zetterberg (C)
Gustav Nyquist | Riley Sheahan | Tomas Tatar
Tomas Jurco | Darren Helm | Johan Franzen
Drew Miller | Luke Glendening | Joakim Andersson

LD | RD
Niklas Kronwall (A) | Jonathan Ericsson
Brendan Smith | Dan DeKeyser
Brian Lashoff | Jakub Kindl

Scratched
Dan Cleary|
Andrej Nestrasil|

STARTING GOALIE:

GustavssonJonas_1.png

Jonas Gustavsson

GPI: 2 | W: 1 | L: 1 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% .935 | GAA: 1.45 | SA: 46 | GA: 3 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Kyle Quincey | Ankle (DTD)
Stephen Weiss | Groin (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="NEW YORK RANGERS"]

TEAM STATS / STANDINGS:

GP | 11 | GF | 30
W | 5 | GA | 35
L | 4 | GF/G | 2.64
OTL | 2 | GA/G | 3.00
Pts | 12 | PIM/G | 13.3
HOME | 3-2-2 | PP% | 9.4
AWAY | 2-2-0 | PK% | 82.0
STREAK | OT2 | FO% | 49.8

Division | 4th
Conference | 11th
League | 21st

TEAM LEADERS:

Goals | Rick Nash | 9 Assists | Brassard, St. Louis | 5 Points | Rick Nash | 12 + / - | Rick Nash | +6 Shots | Rick Nash | 36 Hits | Tanner Glass | 35 Blocks | Dan Girardi | 31 PIM | Chris Kreider | 38 FO% | Derick Brassard | 56.7 TOI/G F: | Martin St. Louis | 18:57 TOI/G D: | Dan Girardi | 26:01

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
Rick Nash | Derick Brassard | Mats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider | Kevin Hayes | Martin St. Louis (A)
Carl Hagelin | Dominic Moore | Lee Stempniak
Tanner Glass | Chris Mueller | Anthony Duclair

LD | RD
Marc Staal (A) | Dan Girardi (A)
Matt Hunwick | Kevin Klein
Conor Allen | Mike Kostka

Scratched
Ryan Malone|

STARTING GOALIE:

LundqvistHenrik1.png

Henrik Lundqvist

GPI: 9 | W: 5 | L: 3 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .902 | GAA: 2.85 | SA: 255 | GA: 25 | SO: 2

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

John Moore | Suspended
Derek Stepan | Lower body (DTD)
Dan Boyle | Broken hand (IR)
Ryan McDonagh | Shoulder (IR)

[/FIELDSET]

bannerboysgdt.png

Last edited:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Man I miss Klein already and can't wait to see Stepan back. Gonna give so much more balance to the lines.
Can they play another spirited game?
Hope so. LGR!

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
8pm is meh, but whatever. Branding these games "Rivalry night" is even worse than that, though :laugh:

Want to see the same effort we saw against STL. I think this team is really starting to gel and put it together and I'm very optimistic on the run we may be able to go on when we're fully healthy. Until then, the guys on the ice are good enough to get us wins.

I want to see more of the same out of Hayes who I thought was a monster against STL. That whole line, really. As well as the Nash line.

McIlrath, stay on the ice, bud. No need to drop 'em every game. Keep it simple. You and Allen have the chemistry, use it.

LGR

qwertyaas

LGR@
Feb 19, 2008
New York
8pm start and E/F lines stop running to queens at 10pm. Geniuses at MTA shutting down both queens lines at the same time...

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Hopefully Klein can come back. I thought Allen had a decent 3rd/OT vs. the Blues - maybe he worked out the butterflies. Kostka was awful in 1 & 2 and got better as the game went along. Mcilrath didn't have a whole lot of minutes but you'd have to think every shift helps his game.

I hope they all play well so panicmovesignkaberle doesn't happen.

Steve Kournianos

@thedraftanalyst
Detroit owns the puck. But the Rangers are one of the best forechecking teams in the league.

The guy to look out for is Nyquist. Sick, sick hands and really elusive. The Red Wings don't dump the puck in unless they have to, so they will try to dangle this defense for sure.

Henrik steals one tonight. Rangers have been playing welll lately and they're due for a win.

Also, these guys are officially the Comeback Kids. Last night was the fourth time this season they came back to tie or win a game trailing in the third.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Am i the only one fine with the 8pm start? :dunno:

Bold prediction there. I mean your odds are only like...50/50 :laugh:

Man two GDTs in a row people are hammering me for going out on a limb, risking my reputation to bring you the boldest and most shocking predictions.

I really thought Chosen would be all over that post by now, I guess it is still early.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Don't think we get Stepan back tonight which sucks let the kid play he's fine

Zucc will prob go im guessing so malone comes out Stempniak to the 4th line where he'll be more effective

No one for Mcilrath to fight tonight so I want him to keep it simple and punish a few guys.

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I usually hate 8pm weeknight starts, but tonight I would not be getting back home until 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad