GDT: 12/10/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Ottawa VS Tampa Bay

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Yay goals!! Wiah we didn't have to be this surprised when they score more than two but I'm still really happy that we did and some nice goals at that.

Love the 3rd line and the TKO line looked fine after not having played together for so long. The 1st line wasn't great but had it's moments and the 4th line was a bit confusing but they didn't let in a goal so that's good.

And Bish is first star tonight, the guy kepts us in for two periods until the rest of the team could do more.

Oh, and credit to Coop for putting the 3rd line out there at the end of the game since that was pretty much the only line tonight where you could count on both getting shutdown 'd' and who would take a chance to score an empty netter if they had the chance, and they did.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Callahan was the best skater tonight for us. That line was really good.

Played with a lot of heart, but the entire line was also great. Glad he finally got some points to show for it. That line was a threat all night. Coop needs to keep them together.

Who knew Stamkos was holding Flip and Cally back. ;)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Do you think Stamkos dies a little inside every time Kucherov scores? Kuch with 10, while Stamkos has been stuck at 11 for a while now. Dropping his $12mil lower and lower each game

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Do you think Stamkos dies a little inside every time Kucherov scores? Much with 10, while Stamkos has been stuck at 11 for a while now. Dropping his $12mil lower and lower each game

He had the assist on Kucherov's goal and then pretty much disappeared the rest of the night, rest of the team kept pushing. Reason why we won 4-1 tonight.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Drouin made some really good defensive plays in the last two periods to redeem himself.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I can understand the delay but man I want to see Kucherov locked up soon

I think every time Kucherov scores, Yzerman shaves another 100,000 off Stamkos' offer. lol. The kid is amazing. Johnson and Palat are still not 100 percent, but once they are should be dominant again.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
On a side note, somebody needs to take Boyle aside and let him practice clearing some pucks out of the zone.

Seriously, watch him more closely when he gets the puck close to the blue line, chances are it's not leaving the zone.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I think every time Kucherov scores, Yzerman shaves another 100,000 off Stamkos' offer. lol. The kid is amazing. Johnson and Palat are still not 100 percent, but once they are should be dominant again.

Lol I would lol if they resigned kucherov in like two weeks and stamkos sees that.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto

lol this! Kuch has been pretty Beast as of late, took him a few games to get going, but now he's been very impressive. Another 2 tonight. Maybe once Kucherov passes Stamkos in goals it will light a fire under his ass to get him going again and stop being lazy.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
So, can we add Ottawa as another team who hates Bishop? He's now 7-0-3 against them, not as great as his record against NYR or Habs but still really good.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
lol this! Kuch has been pretty Beast as of late, took him a few games to get going, but now he's been very impressive. Another 2 tonight. Maybe once Kucherov passes Stamkos in goals it will light a fire under his ass to get him going again and stop being lazy.

Like I said above, Kucherov is amazing, but the rest of TKO are not 100 percent. I still think we should consider moving Kucherov up with Stamkos if the TKO line still is struggling. I mean that 2nd Kucherov goal was all him.

Also, have to say this because it's me, lol....

Since Cally has been separated from Stamkos he has 4 points in 5 games or so, with a +4 rating. So yeah. Still needs to score a goal or two but with this 3rd line, like his odds.

Last edited:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Good team win. Kuch is obviously on a hot streak but after the first period everyone played good. What a difference a little bit of confidence make for these guys. Hopefully they can carry it over to the next several games

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Like I said above, Kucherov is amazing, but the rest of TKO are not 100 percent. I still think we should consider moving Kucherov up with Stamkos if the TKO line still is struggling. I mean that 2nd Kucherov goal was all him.

Also, have to say this because it's me, lol....

Since Cally has been separated from Stamkos he has 4 points in 5 games or so, with a +4 rating. So yeah. Still needs to score a goal or two but with this 3rd line, like his odds.

Good to see TKO again and they had their flashes here and there of the number one line in the league form. I wouldn't say they struggled but the Filipula line was the best line tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I heart JT Brown so, so hard.

I also really like what Cally brings pretty much any time he's separated from Stamkos. He makes Flip better too, IMO, which is a huge plus considering how soft Flip can look at times.

We can win with this depth. I have a lot of faith in both Palat and Johnson. And if Drouin ever figures out how to play with Stamkos, we could finally start to look like a contender.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I heart JT Brown so, so hard.

I also really like what Cally brings pretty much any time he's separated from Stamkos. He makes Flip better too, IMO, which is a huge plus considering how soft Flip can look at times.

We can win with this depth. I have a lot of faith in both Palat and Johnson. And if Drouin ever figures out how to play with Stamkos, we could finally start to look like a contender.

This was probably one of Cally's best games of the season. Was a beast on both ends of the ice. Brown and Cally have this chemisty which has been great, you throw a playmaker on their line who had good chemistry with Cally before, and you get those scoring chances in waves, I was overly impressed with how much they were attacking the zone while also playing great defense.

Brown has locked himself a spot in the top 9, do you agree?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This was probably one of Cally's best games of the season. Was a beast on both ends of the ice. Brown and Cally have this chemisty which has been great, you throw a playmaker on their line who had good chemistry with Cally before, and you get those scoring chances in waves, I was overly impressed with how much they were attacking the zone while also playing great defense.

Brown has locked himself a spot in the top 9, do you agree?

I've always had a soft spot for Brown. I've even wanted to see him tied out on scoring lines. So I have no problem with him in the top 9. He and Callahan have always had a weird chemistry. They're very similar players, so you wouldn't really expect it. But just about any time they've been on the ice together, it's somehow worked.

Flip's been like a misfit on the team since TKO was created, so it's nice to have a solidified spot for him too. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Also, I was terrified Kuch was going to pass off his first goal. Somebody probably sat him down in the video room after last game. Good to see him shooting. The kid is lethal. We have two guys who can beat a squared-up goalie. Unfortunately, they're both prone to stretches where they don't try it.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I've always had a soft spot for Brown. I've even wanted to see him tied out on scoring lines. So I have no problem with him in the top 9. He and Callahan have always had a weird chemistry. They're very similar players, so you wouldn't really expect it. But just about any time they've been on the ice together, it's somehow worked.

Flip's been like a misfit on the team since TKO was created, so it's nice to have a solidified spot for him too. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Also, I was terrified Kuch was going to pass off his first goal. Somebody probably sat him down in the video room after last game. Good to see him shooting. The kid is lethal. We have two guys who can beat a squared-up goalie. Unfortunately, they're both prone to stretches where they don't try it.

I've always said, if Cally is going to be on the 3rd line would like Flip on there as well. They work very well together. If you look at the sequence on that goal, Flip touches it back to Cally who is on a rush with Brown, and then gets into position while Cally takes out a player in front giving Flip room. It was just awesome to watch. But they were dangerous all night, and what an effort on that EN goal. Brown actually has more ES points than Stamkos and is a plus 11, do you believe that?

As per TKO, we saw some flashes of TKO but Johnson and Palat are not 100 percent. Kucherov is really starting to play with confidence, and like you said, glad he shot the puck there and not pass.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I've always said, if Cally is going to be on the 3rd line would like Flip on there as well. They work very well together. If you look at the sequence on that goal, Flip touches it back to Cally who is on a rush with Brown, and then gets into position while Cally takes out a player in front giving Flip room. It was just awesome to watch. But they were dangerous all night, and what an effort on that EN goal. Brown actually has more ES points than Stamkos and is a plus 11, do you believe that?

As per TKO, we saw some flashes of TKO but Johnson and Palat are not 100 percent. Kucherov is really starting to play with confidence, and like you said, glad he shot the puck there and not pass.

Somebody could have made a lot of money by betting JT Brown would be top-5 in TB scoring on December 11.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad