'11Graf G3 Stock profile question

nyan

May 31, 2012
Cambridge MA
I've been skating for a few years now and just replaced my old Bauer flexlites with a brand new pair of '11 Graf g3's. I was comparing them to my friends Bauers and I noticed something interesting.

My grafs sat completely flat on the table, the blade didn't rock at all seemed like they entire skate was flat. His Bauers had an almost undetectable flat spot on them. I know that there is supposed to be a flat spot somewhere on the skate and it depends on the size (9-11ft or so) how flat it is, but the difference between these skates is dramatic. Which one sounds closer to correct? Do graf's come profiled correctly out of the box?

Stickmata

Aug 30, 2011
I've always been told that Grafs come with an 11' profile as compared to a 9' profile more commonly found on skates. Others on here have disagreed and said they come with a 9' profile. I can tell you that I have had two pairs of new Grafs profiled to 9' and they skated differently than they did with the blades as they came new. Stock Grafs with no profiling turn like battleships. 9' with a little added rocker at each end works great for me.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
Grafs are an 11' profile. Bauers are a 9' profile.

That is the difference you're seeing.

jsykes

Dec 29, 2009
NoVa
How many times have each been sharpened? Its very likely the profiles have been more than removed through regular sharpenings. Profiles need to be re-done every so often.

If his Bauers have been sharpened a lot, its very likely that his steel has been rounded off more than the starting 9 ft. radius.

Guffaw

Apr 29, 2011
Drexel Hill PA
I was told by a Graf rep they came 9ft. He was wrong.

I have an email from Graf-Canada stating they are a 11ft radius. At least the G series are.

Love my G3's in a narrow. Mainly because they fit my foot better than anything else out there. Baked once and have literally had ZERO pain, blistering, discomfort, not even a red mark on either of my feet. This includes from the very first skate until now. Truly amazing.

I played my entire college career in severe pain from ill fitting skates. It pays to keep looking until you find the right ones.

Stickmata

Aug 30, 2011
I was told by a Graf rep they came 9ft. He was wrong.

I have an email from Graf-Canada stating they are a 11ft radius. At least the G series are.

Love my G3's in a narrow. Mainly because they fit my foot better than anything else out there. Baked once and have literally had ZERO pain, blistering, discomfort, not even a red mark on either of my feet. This includes from the very first skate until now. Truly amazing.

I played my entire college career in severe pain from ill fitting skates. It pays to keep looking until you find the right ones.

Same here with my 705s. Local store swore they were 9ft but the guy who does my sharpening and profiling confirmed they are 11s. I skated on them both ways and it is a huge difference.

Guffaw

Apr 29, 2011
Drexel Hill PA
Same here with my 705s. Local store swore they were 9ft but the guy who does my sharpening and profiling confirmed they are 11s. I skated on them both ways and it is a huge difference.

Do you prefer 9 or 11?

I was a goalie most of my career so the 11ft. just feels better. Better balance at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad