GDT: #11| Pens vs. Lightning|Not the streak you were looking for?|Wed, Oct 23 8:00PM |AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
GAMEDAY/PREVIEW
Pluses and Minuses for Penguins - Lightning
By Kevin Weekes

qeA0vcr.gif

:darth: FANTASY:yoda:
ALDO NOVA

picgifs-star-wars-the-old-republic-24303.gif

SOME HEADS ARE GONNA ROLL
Judas Priest
XCcZmkQ.gif

DON'T BRING ME DOWN
Electric Light Orchestra
Guentzel - Crosby - Simon
Kahun - McCann - Hornqvist
ZAR - Blueger - Tanev
AJ - Blandisi - Lafferty

Letang - Marino

Pettersson - Schultz
Johnson - Gudbranson

Murray - JARRY

Stamkos - Johnson - Joseph
Palat - Point - Gourde
Killorn - Cirelli - Kucherov
Maroon - Paquette - Witkowski

Hedman - Cernak

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Coburn - Sergachev

Vasilevskiy - McElhinney
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
HsWU8iW.gif

LINEUPS SUBJECT TO CHANGE
4pTbUEm.png

Last edited:

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The talent differential is incredible between these two lineups...we’ll probably need Hedman to put one in behind Vasy if we have any hope of scoring...just getting one in TB’s net will be a minor miracle the way things are trending...

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
The talent differential is incredible between these two lineups...we’ll probably need Hedman to put one in behind Vasy if we have any hope of scoring...just getting one in TB’s net will be a minor miracle the way things are trending...

its hockey. we could score 7 today or 1.

and things are trending is a very very good direction. playing solid 200ft hockey down 28 millon in talent ,just haven't got bounces.

play like this come playoffs and it'll be a deep run.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
weve played solid inspired hockey all month. not upset over the past two losses at all. they're playing the right way and could've won. Probably a loss today but i think it'll be Another solid game. its nice to finally see them play a structured game.

Hello...you play to win the game, you play to win the game...the goal of the game is not to look good, produce great Corsi numbers or play inspired, structured hockey...it's to win and the last I checked "winning" is putting more goals in the net than your opponent...

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I hope we can get the win but I don't see how with them being rested, us not, and us playing Jarry.

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Hello...you play to win the game, you play to win the game...the goal of the game is not to look good, produce great Corsi numbers or play inspired, structured hockey...it's to win and the last I checked "winning" is putting more goals in the net than your opponent...

I personally am going to throw myself off a bridge if our injury-depleted, tired, visiting team does not win this game against one of the best, most rested, and least injured teams in the league. I think that's the only reasonable response to a regular-season loss in the first month of the season. I just wish I lived in Pittsburgh so I could have my pick of bridges.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually think they eke out a win in a low-scoring affair with Jarry just having one of those nights combined with the Bolts not being able to get out of their own way.

Another one of those rando early season games, in other words.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015

i only care about looking good . especially when down your whole lineup. very encouraging sign from this pens team.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
Their top 6 is basically a fantasy team.
I can't imagine being able to spread out Hedman, McDonagh, and Sergachev each on their own pair and give them all pretty formidable partners in their own right.

Also, Ondrej Palat might be my favorite player. Love his game. Overpaid tho.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I actually think they eke out a win in a low-scoring affair with Jarry just having one of those nights combined with the Bolts not being able to get out of their own way.

Another one of those rando early season games, in other words.

I feel like we lose 6-3 or something like that with most of our goals coming when we're down 3 or 4 zip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad