GDT: #11 | Penguins @ Maple Leafs | Hot Dogging It | 7:00pm | 10-31-2015 HNIC ROOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Bennett has been better than pretty good this year. The list of forwards on our team who have played better this year is as follows

Evgeni Malkin

I would love to see Fehr in the top 6. I'd also love to see Bennett in the top 6. I'd try both.

Bull ****. Kessel is easily second.

In any event, at Bennett's age, Fehr was seen as a disappointment because he had yet to post a 40 goal season. Only a moron would have ever thought that sort of accomplishment would have been in reach of Bennett at any point in his development.

There's a talent gap here, but Fehr ain't the guy at the bottom.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Maybe they'd try Fehr-Crosby-Hornqvist? Fehr definitely plays a style that would mesh well with Crosby, and Fehr was known to be a prolific sniper when he was drafted:

Eric has a real nose for the net, a pure scorer. He's the guy who's most likely to score the 'big goal'. He plays well in traffic, skates well for his size. He's a very competitive guy and very well respected by his teammates." - Brandon head coach Dean Clark

Fehr is a terrific sniper, and possesses a strong, accurate wrist shot. Although he could stand to gain a few more pounds, Fehr does use his size well, and is very difficult to knock off the puck when he is cycling in the corners. Like many players his size, he is not a great skater. However, he does make up for it with superb on-ice awareness and sound defensive play.

He sounds like a really damn ideal sniper to be playing with Sid and Hornqvist, and his defensive game and grit would also be a very ideal fit with Sid.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I suspect Perron is going to be gone. No saying it's what should happen, just what I think will.

EDIT: I don't get that with Sid. Just coasted into the offensive zone and skated all the way around the goal. So used to seeing a burst there, where he'll challenge the last defender.

I still don't want to lose Perron without seeing what a real coach could get out of him.

We've seen every new acquisition play like **** for long stretches under Johnston, and guys like Sid and Geno have also been awful for long stretches.

That's not just some coincidence. This system sucks offensively, and doesn't get anything out of offensive guys.

I don't know if Perron's gonna find his game here, but these guys don't just evaporate into nothing the second they come here.

If we're gonna move someone, it'd probably have to be Perron though. I think with a legit coaching staff and proper lines, Perron's likely a 45-50pt guy again, but if it's not happening here, then move him for help on the blueline.

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
kinda hard when no one can give him a pass while he's moving.

Some generational talent he is then, a **** system and unskilled linemates shouldn't turn such a player into a sub top 50 scorer, even dale hunter couldn't keep ovechkin from scoring 30, sid might not hit 10.

This is pathetic, and even worse the stats match how pathetic he visibly looks, he's negative value right now with his cap hit.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Love Perron and how he's playing w/ Geno and Kessel. He knows his role. He's doing much better albeit not back to his normal self.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I still don't want to lose Perron without seeing what a real coach could get out of him.

We've seen every new acquisition play like **** for long stretches under Johnston, and guys like Sid and Geno have also been awful for long stretches.

That's not just some coincidence. This system sucks offensively, and doesn't get anything out of offensive guys.

I don't know if Perron's gonna find his game here, but these guys don't just evaporate into nothing the second they come here.

If we're gonna move someone, it'd probably have to be Perron though. I think with a legit coaching staff and proper lines, Perron's likely a 45-50pt guy again, but if it's not happening here, then move him for help on the blueline.

I think Perron gets packaged with a defenseman for a defensive upgrade in the end.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah Perron's playing really well as a 3rd wheel with Malkin and Kessel. I'd love to see Fehr on that line, but I don't know how you can justify breaking that line up as it is right now. I'd like to see Fehr tried with Sid just to see if it would work.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Love Perron and how he's playing w/ Geno and Kessel. He knows his role. He's doing much better albeit not back to his normal self.

I don't know. It still seems a little hit and miss to me. It's not an indictment of Perron. It's just that you're asking him to play a game that, frankly, isn't his game.

Fehr-Malkin-Kessel would be money.

Yeah Perron's playing really well as a 3rd wheel with Malkin and Kessel. I'd love to see Fehr on that line, but I don't know how you can justify breaking that line up as it is right now. I'd like to see Fehr tried with Sid just to see if it would work.

Huh? It hasn't been that productive. The only game it was really great was Washington. Buffalo games was okay. This period is better but overall it's been **** tonight.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Bull ****. Kessel is easily second.

In any event, at Bennett's age, Fehr was seen as a disappointment because he had yet to post a 40 goal season. Only a moron would have ever thought that sort of accomplishment would have been in reach of Bennett at any point in his development.

There's a talent gap here, but Fehr ain't the guy at the bottom.

Okay, I haven't seen a ton of Fehr. All I know is he's got a decade of experience to show he's a 30-40 point player. Maybe he can be better than that. I hope so. I'm basing my opinion of Fehr on what he's done in the NHL. My opinion of Bennett is watching him, and he looks like he can be better than 30-40 point player. If Fehr can be too, awesome.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
So, KIRK...

Perron-Sid-Hornqvist
Fehr-Geno-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Bennett
Plotnikov-Cullen-Dupuis

?

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
sid wide open with no leaf in his shot lane, passes it to the guy furthest away from the net, **** he's an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad