2013​
|
2nd​
|
|
57.5​

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
BigG has me all aboard the Bystrom train.

I don't think he's miles better than anyone in this area at all. I just think it's crazy to look at his stats and be like meh.

I've only seen him play two games and then the odd Swedish highlight, but he looked very good against AHL talent at 19.

There really hasn't been player voted on yet that I'd argue isn't at least in the discussion around these positions. They have quite a few exciting players.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Cole Ully.

Nothing against Pollock but he played on a super stacked team. We'll see how he develops next year without vets guiding him.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
Bystrom, Stransky, Ully, and Pollock have roughly the same potential. I went with Stransky due to being closer to the NHL.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Ully to me is boom or bust, and his upside isn't higher than Pollock or Stransky.

Stransky finally made strides with his skating so that's a huge positive, but I think the improvements Pollock made from his 17 year old season to 18 year old season are way more significant ... similar to what Stransky did from 18 to 19.

Stransky and Pollock are pretty even to me, and Stransky is further along in his development. However, I still tend to think Pollock has monster breakout potential ... like Benn, Ritchhie, Dickinson, etc.

If I had to pick one forward left on the board ... honestly even include Faksa ... Pollock seems to have the best chance to be a complete player. His ability to grow into a Benn or Ritchie type winger is much more intriguing and valuable than a pure skill guy like Ully.

My only hesitation with Stransky is he pretty much made no improvement in his skating from 18 to 20. I'm excited he's putting it together now, and it sounds like Lidster played a big role in that. I just want to see him prove he's actually changed, and I'm not going to punish Pollock for playing on a good team with veterans. It's the Dickinson argument all over again.

That's not to say I don't have high hopes for Stransky. I just think that one thing about Stransky and the fact that comparing them at similar ages Pollock is already further along ... I'm going Pollock next.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Just watching this again for me also sealed it:

I voted for Bystrom but after watching this I'm definitely moving Pollock up a little on my list. Not because the goals were pretty (which they were) but it didn't look like he was just the beneficiary of playing with other talented players. The majority of his goals were scored because of plays he made, not just a slick pass from someone else. I also liked that he could score in a variety of ways, driving the net, wrister from range, cleaning up the garbage and looks like he's got decent vision as well.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
Pretty sweet hands and a pretty good passer, those are a lot of sloppy goals that would never get through at a higher level, though. I hope he can improve his forehand shooting in tight, if he does that he might be pretty damn good. He's got a sweet backhand and he can really elevate it, reminds me of Zubov in that way.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Pollock is my favorite prospect. Quick is never a word you should use to describe him, but he's very deceiving and has a great shot and hands and good size. Kinda suprised he wasn't taken in the first round. A great finisher

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Oilers fan in peace.

Dallas is quickly becoming a team that I want to follow. I've been a Niagara Ice Dogs season ticket holder since the team came in 2007. Having Ritchie, Oleksiak, Moran and Haydon in your system is very exciting for me.

If you guys ever have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Primetimey*

I'm back from August-Long weekend. Missed #10 poll, went with Remi Elie.

Looked great at development camp, had an outstanding year on a bad team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille