GDT: [#11] Carolina Hurricanes @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST (FS-SW)

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
f*** the Canes, but they've trimmed a lot of fat off that roster with some shrewd moves. Getting Trochek and Niedereiter are clear wins. I always just feel like we're going to lose to the Canes. Actually I feel that way about a lot of the teams in this division, could be on the outside looking in at the end of the season if heads don't get pulled out of asses soon.

Reactions: Kcb12345

BeaverSports

Mar 3, 2004
There seems to be little things they aren’t doing, like having two on the puck on 6-on-5 or competing on what should’ve been a harmless play leading to the last Canes goal.

Maybe it’s a confidence funk due to the scoring slump, or the early games came too easy. I also think they may need to tinker with the lines beyond the endless cycle of fourth liners. I just don’t feel like Pavelski and Benn complement one another. I’d go back to Benn with Hintz as originally intended - but then, may be tough to pull Robertson off the other line now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
There seems to be little things they aren’t doing, like having two on the puck on 6-on-5 or competing on what should’ve been a harmless play leading to the last Canes goal.

Maybe it’s a confidence funk due to the scoring slump, or the early games came too easy. I also think they may need to tinker with the lines beyond the endless cycle of fourth liners. I just don’t feel like Pavelski and Benn complement one another. I’d go back to Benn with Hintz as originally intended - but then, may be tough to pull Robertson off the other line now.

I wouldn't change anything about the Hintz line, it's the one thing that's actually working right now. When Radulov comes back the Pavelski line will be better

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
It sucks, it really does. But I think, on the one hand teams go on dips and runs. And on the other hand, you know Radulov and Seguin, they're some of our best players. Which is why they make some of the highest salaries. And it's not going to be easy without them, and while others need to step up, they may take a while to step up and find their own games as well.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It may be just me but I question the strategy of the Stars lately, especially against Carolina. They seem to try to beat the Canes at their game but I'm just wondering if they might be more successful if they tried to play their own game and force it upon Carolina. Trying to play faster than the Canes is a difficult thing to do and I'm not sure the Stars are built for it. I'd have liked them to make less high risk plays and hold onto pucks for much longer, turn back and re try if necessary for controlled zone entries etc. If you dump the puck in, at least make sure you have players ready to go in and retrieve the puck. Yesterday, I think they just tried to play faster than the Canes. They lost a lot of pucks in the neutral zone because they just try to get into the offensive zone as fast as possible. Some of those turnovers were really bad because defenders got caught cheating on offense with no forward covering for them. I just don't know if that's the style you wanna play if you're the Stars. They do have some fast guys but they're still mostly a heavy team and the Canes aren't. I felt like the Stars played much better to start the season when they really protected the house, avoided high risk plays and played a much heavier possession game. Against Chicago it wasn't this bad but even then there were stretches or even periods when they got dominated completely and failed to get anything going just because they kept turning pucks over.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I had balanced expectations after the cup run, the Stars probably weren't going to do that great with Seguin/Benn injured. Then then they started out so well with the PP being on fire and i completely forgot about those expectations haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad