GDT: 11/8 - Game #13 - BRUINS at Poutineville 7:30 PM - NESN, SNE, RDS, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
CwwKgD1WgAArLZi.jpg:large

bell-centre-header.JPG

Tonight's Officials

Arbitres/Referees Marc Joannette (25), Brian Pochmara (16)
Juges de ligne/Linesmen Michel Cormier (76), Brad Kovachik (71)

Hymnes nationaux/Ntl. Anthem André Ouellet

>

WAYBACK MACHINE

poutine_1169.jpg

BOSTON vs MONTREAL, LIFETIME SERIES
The Bruins and Canadiens are meeting for an NHL record 736th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 273-350-103-9 record and Montreal holding a 2,229-1,936 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 108-209-47-3 in their 367 road games of this lifetime series with Montreal having a 1,225-864 scoring advantage in those contests.

The Bruins are 2-8-1 in their last 11 games vs. the Canadiens, including a 4-2 loss in Boston on Oct. 22 in the 1st game of this season’s series, and they are 3-12-2 in their last 17 games overall of this lifetime series … They have won their last 2 games in
Montreal and they are 6-6-0 in their last 12 visits to Bell Centre.

Fun Fact: The Bruins and Canadiens are the only 2 franchises with 3,000+ lifetime victories and Boston is now 20 goals shy of joining the Canadiens in the 20,000 lifetime goals scored club.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Zdeno Chara is 1 assist shy of his 400th NHL assist.
Torey Krug is 3 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist.
Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (31 total man-games lost)

Anton Khudobin – Upper body; Approx. 3 wks (IR)
Kevan Miller – 10/11 hand surgery; Approx. 6 wks from time of surgery (IR)

Last edited:

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Tuukka Rask was given the morning off, an indication that he will be back in net for the second straight night. Rask (7-1-0, 1.74 GAA, .941 save percentage) has started the last five games. He will likely be opposed by Carey Price (7-0-0, 1.58 GAA, .952 save percentage).

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...s-canadiens/tIRgPCB5uoBks1kScKOXEJ/story.html

Rask faces Montreal tonight. Montreal's record is 10-1-1.
He lost 5-2 to the NYR who are playing just as well (10-3-0).

He has faced only 2 teams with a record better than 50% (TBL, NYR) and split them 1-1.
He has faced 6 teams with a record less than 50% and won them all. I would say expected (CBJ, WPG, NJD, DET, FLA, BUF).

This will be a statement game for him.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
With Acciari out I am assuming that is the main reason Hayes is playing. I really hope they put him on the 4th line The third line has looked better without Hayes hamstringing it. Montreal is already in the Bs head as it is. No need to kill the third line again by putting Hayes back on it.

Glad Rask is starting. Much of the stuff about Rask choking against Mont is pure silliness. The Bs as a whole crap their pants for whatever reason against a team that is not anything special. Since Rask has been a starter I've watched Bs far too many times against Montreal: make numerous severe defensive lapses, play like chickens with their heads cut off, decide offense is not important versus the Habs, and go absolutely brain dead at key moments. If the Bs can just play their game like they do when they beat other quality opponents then they should not have major problems vs the Habs. It's time to turn this stupid mess versus the Habs around. Go Bs!

**** the Habs!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nooooooo Fluto reporting Hayes will be playing tonight. Wtf.

Road game, Acciari injured = Hayes returns

Will be interesting to see if he slots on the Moore line in place of Acciari, or does Julien re-jig the 3rd line, moving Nash or Czarnik down to RW on the 4th, and Nash or Czarnik to the middle of the 3rd with Beleksy and Hayes.

I'm hoping he just slot Hayes on the 4th and see how it goes. Wouldn't want to dice up the 3rd line after it just had it's most impactful game of the season.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
I think drinking is the only thing that's going to get me through tonight. Between the Presidential election and Habs v. Bruins, I'm going to need a lot of booze.

**** the Habs

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
Who sits... Hopefully he's on the 4th line.

With Accari out I guess there is no choice but to put the Hayes anchor back out there.

Fluto's projected lineup has Hayes on the 4th line so at least Claude is treating him properly considering he has to play him.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Tuukka was in net last season for two wins at Bell Centre. He can absolutely steal the game.

Let's Go Bruins!!!! Be the first team to beat them at home this season and break their winning streak! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
With Accari out I guess there is no choice but to put the Hayes anchor back out there.

Fluto's projected lineup has Hayes on the 4th line so at least Claude is treating him properly considering he has to play him.

I would hope to see

march-bergy-pasta
spoons-krecji-backs
bels-nash-czar
Schaller-moore-hayes

hayes could probably benefit from the way the 4th line has been playing, he may get a couple apples if he sticks close to moore.

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
With Acciari out I am assuming that is the main reason Hayes is playing. I really hope they put him on the 4th line The third line has looked better without Hayes hamstringing it. Montreal is already in the Bs head as it is. No need to kill the third line again by putting Hayes back on it.

Glad Rask is starting. Much of the stuff about Rask choking against Mont is pure silliness. The Bs as a whole crap their pants for whatever reason against a team that is not anything special. Since Rask has been a starter I've watched Bs far too many times against Montreal: make numerous severe defensive lapses, play like chickens with their heads cut off, decide offense is not important versus the Habs, and go absolutely brain dead at key moments. If the Bs can just play their game like they do when they beat other quality opponents then they should not have major problems vs the Habs. It's time to turn this stupid mess versus the Habs around. Go Bs!

**** the Habs!

good to see our 7M may going out there an earning it. better to keep ZM for the CBJ later this week too. anyone down to move kudobin for any other backup at this point... he was crap before he hurt himself... CJ needs a reliable vet type backup for rask

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hayes the 4th liner isn't that atrocious IMO

Hayes the top 9er is.

I hope he plays well tonight. He's playing with a couple guys who should keep his feet moving, maybe something clicks while Acciari is out

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
assuming Czarnik is still in I'm expecting a big night from him. IDK why but I have a gut feeling this kid is gonna be a Habs-killer. In the last game he really looked like he found another gear. Hope he can build on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad