GDT: 11/6/21 - 2:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Cirelli padding the stats to annoy those who have for whatever reason been upset about his offensive production this season.

"We should move Cirelli down so he doesn't have to focus on offense"

-Anthony Cirelli, 9 points in 11 games.

Reactions: Hoek

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
the rookie line sucked and the veteran line wasn’t much better so hopefully we change that shit for the next game.

If we play like this against carolina we’re getting crushed

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Killorn seems to be aging really well. Stupid penalties here and there, the guy is now a consistent force. Used to be one of the least consistent players we had, but now he rarely has those off nights. I seriously think he has a 55-60 point season in him if all goes well.

Never thought it'd happen but he could play the entirety of that 7 year deal with us. Wouldn't have thought that the day it was signed.

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBolts and Hoek

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Foote the sole -2 player for us.

Joseph was very noticeable. Lead the team with 6 hits, had a goal taken away, an assist and a JT Brown breakaway in 18 minutes TOI.

Reactions: ultra63

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
ABB couldn't do much today, I think his foot speed is just going to be too much to overcome. Foote can get away with a lot cause of his size but ABB forced to making one touches off his stick as quickly as he can. Raddysh doesn't have the point totals but he's actively involved in plays and down low

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Nice rroad win but there's a lot of work to be done.

big tests next week.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Joseph has been skating well and is getting opportunities. If he could finish we could be talking about a kid breaking out.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
They're not going to dump a guy with a 0.725k caphit........

They'll have to manage their cap situation for next year too. You'd be right 100 times out of 100 if we weren't talking about VGK. They're a bit up against it but I truly think they'd be that stupid because of Whitecloud's extension kicking in next year. Little they do makes any sense as they've traded small, affordable cap hits (what they need) plenty of times over

Bob and 200 others

Apr 30, 2012
Big makeup game for Heddy. 1 goal and played almost 29 minutes. He was on the ice for all 5 Lightning goals and non against.
That's awesome!
the rookie line sucked and the veteran line wasn’t much better so hopefully we change that shit for the next game.

If we play like this against carolina we’re getting crushed
Them and Florida have been juggernauts this season. For some reason though I'm just not scared of either?? We're a different team once the playoffs start.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Low key bounce back game for Point, very good game for Hedman.

Felt like a playoff type of game. Methodical, low risk, working the system to make things happen offensively. Good game for Joseph too.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They'll have to manage their cap situation for next year too. You'd be right 100 times out of 100 if we weren't talking about VGK. They're a bit up against it but I truly think they'd be that stupid because of Whitecloud's extension kicking in next year. Little they do makes any sense as they've traded small, affordable cap hits (what they need) plenty of times over

What about our cap situation next season? We can't take on a 2.75M defenseman. Most likely we keep Foote since he's signed cheap and hope he keeps improving the more games he plays. We also will try to resign Rutta if the price is right. The move we need to consider is if we can sign Palat or not, is he willing to take a pay cut to stay or does he want to chase that one last payday?

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Them and Florida have been juggernauts this season. For some reason though I'm just not scared of either?? We're a different team once the playoffs start.

No point in being scared right now at either of them. It's still November. Carolina in particular has an awful lot to prove to show they aren't paper tigers and, as we all know, you don't get the chance to prove otherwise until the playoffs begin. Nothing that happens before then is going to sway anybody's opinion in either direction.

(I say Carolina specifically, fully aware of 2019, because their last three playoff appearances ended in getting thoroughly bitch slapped the Bruins [twice] and us. They lost all those series' in 5 games or less. When Florida lost to us last year, they weren't that far off from being on the other end of that series. Healthy Ekblad and maybe they are. I'm much more convinced of their legitimacy than I am the Hurricanes. Not even close.)

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What about our cap situation next season? We can't take on a 2.75M defenseman. Most likely we keep Foote since he's signed cheap and hope he keeps improving the more games he plays. We also will try to resign Rutta if the price is right. The move we need to consider is if we can sign Palat or not, is he willing to take a pay cut to stay or does he want to chase that one last payday?

Can't see Palat staying at all, the paycut would be significant and not realistic. We have 6.75m next year with 11F, 6D and 1G, looks like a lot but Joseph is up for a new contract, between him, Rutta and a backup goalie that's about 3.5~m of that gone. We likely add a cheap depth forward off the market and someone else from Syracuse will get a look.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad