GDT: 11/5 7 PM - GAME #11 - NY Rangers at BRUINS | NESN, NHL Network, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Cwf7RykUQAAHlue.jpg:large

Bruins-Rangers-AWAY.png

403408_3848456250142_1103170913_n.jpg

Tonight's Officials

Referees Frederick L'Ecuyer (17), Dean Morton (36)
Linesmen Devin Berg (87), Matt MacPherson (83)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1478326689000

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Rangers tonight in the 2nd of 3 games between these teams and the 1st of 2 Rangers visits to TD Garden this season … The Bruins are 6-4-0 thus far this season and are 1-2-0 on home ice … They are 2-1-0 vs. Metropolitan Division teams and
are 5-3-0 vs. Eastern Conference opponents this season.

The Bruins open a 2-game home stand tonight and they will host Buffalo on Monday before traveling to Montreal to face the Canadiens on Tuesday … It is their 1st of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this year.

The Bruins are wearing their 3rd uniform system tonight for the 1st of 15 games this season.

BOSTON vs NEW YORK, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Rangers are meeting for the 642nd time in their histories with the Bruins having a 291-244-97-9 record and 2,014-1,865 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 170-100-42-6 in their 318 home games of this lifetime series with a 1,117-878 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins are 8-4-2 in their last 14 games vs. the Rangers, including a 5-2 loss in New York on Oct. 26 in the 1st game of this season’s series … They are 5-0-1 in their last 6 games vs. New York in Boston with their last regulation home loss to the Rangers a 3-0
setback on Feb. 14, 2012.

Fun Fact: The Bruins have scored more goals vs. the Rangers than any opponent, although they have played more games vs. Montreal.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Boston’s next win will be the 400th of Claude Julien’s Boston coaching career.
Zdeno Chara is 1 assist shy of his 400th NHL assist.
Torey Krug is 4 assists shy of his 100th NHL assist.
Jimmy Hayes is 5 points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES (31 total man-games lost)

David Backes – Elbow; Day-to-day
Anton Khudobin – Upper body; Approx. 3 wks (IR)
Kevan Miller – 10/11 hand surgery; Approx. 6 wks from time of surgery (IR)

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, November 4, that the team has assigned forward Sean Kuraly to the Providence Bruins (American Hockey League). Kuraly was previously recalled on Tuesday, November 1, and made his NHL debut in the team's 4-3 SO win at Tampa Bay on Thursday, November 4.

Probably for Backes. Thought Kuraly had a better game than either one of Beleskey or Hayes have had all year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Chara always seems to get all wound up when playing the Rangers.

There must be someone he doesn't like on the team.

Please win.

For any B's fan going to the game tonight have a blast and cheer loud for our boys.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Chara always seems to get all wound up when playing the Rangers.

There must be someone he doesn't like on the team.

Please win.

For any B's fan going to the game tonight have a blast and cheer loud for our boys.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

"Please win" now that you asked them nicely to win I'm sure they'll obey

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
#NHLBruins first line rushes:
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Nash-Hayes
Schaller-Moore-Acciari

Czarnik swapping line rushes with Nash.... Guess Hayes gets a little slack from his SO goal the other night..........

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
#NHLBruins first line rushes:
Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Nash-Hayes
Schaller-Moore-Acciari

Czarnik swapping line rushes with Nash.... Guess Hayes gets a little slack from his SO goal the other night..........

Ugh, bummed that Czarnik is going to be the odd man out. The third line doesn't work; at least try something different!

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Hayes and Beleskey must be split up. They weigh down the center, even if it's Nash, too much.

Big game today.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Ugh, bummed that Czarnik is going to be the odd man out. The third line doesn't work; at least try something different!

I absolutely agree. I'm also bias to Czarnik. Love his game. Clodes probably seeing if that SO goal boosts jimmys confidence. He's probably going to be a scratch soon though if things keep going the way they are

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
We need NHL top 9 talent at the 3rd line center position, Spooner should be that guy. With Nash there we basically have another 4th line, sick of watching this line contribute zero offense because of CJ's obsession with defense. Disappointed if Czarnik is the odd man out, he has looked good and against a really quick team like NYR we could use that speed.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
OK, we now know the Bruins can be a pretty good team on the road — fast, tight checking, gritty, opportunistic.

But can they be the same team on Causeway Street?

The answer last season was no, as the B’s had one of the best records on the road (25-13-3) and one of the worst at home (17-18-6).

And here we go again? The B’s have won only once in three home games, but their productivity in enemy rinks (5-2-0) has gotten them off to a better start than many expected.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/..._time_for_bruins_to_show_they_can_win_at_home

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Tonight is the kind of game where they can turn things around at home and set the tone for the season.....

Or.... things could stay the same

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Backes in, Czarnik out. With Kuraly gone I'd say Belesky is back in.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Spooner - Krejci - Backes
Belesky - Nash - Hayes
Schaller - Moore - Acciari

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
We need NHL top 9 talent at the 3rd line center position, Spooner should be that guy. With Nash there we basically have another 4th line, sick of watching this line contribute zero offense because of CJ's obsession with defense. Disappointed if Czarnik is the odd man out, he has looked good and against a really quick team like NYR we could use that speed.

We do.

His name is David Backes.

But despite his production as a C in both preseason and early in the regular season, Claude is obsessed with using Backes as Krejci's RW.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Unfortunately they are.

I like the regular home uniforms, but the winter classic ones have grown on me. I don't like the white ones. Always wish they would have won the Cup in black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad