GDT: 11/5/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Buffalo vs Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I wonder if we see another Hagel type move with Koepke and Foote going the other way this year
Just watched the game delayed but a few things... firstly, this is what stands out to me. Koepke is a warm body much like Raddysh or Katchouk. Foote is a bit more valuable but if Bogo comes back, we still have Fleury in the press box or even Myers should we hit another injury spell.

Secondly, Perbix (and Serg) had themselves a really good game. Hagel's whiff was hilarious but his forechecking is pretty damn good. Kuch is the second best player in the league, I don't care what Edmonton fans have to say. Elliot and Comrie played amazing! Goaltending battle. Both came up with game saving stops. We definitely need a another forward. With Cirelli coming back soon, that will push Paul down or strengthen the third line but I would still like a speedy winger added to the group. Nhl quality. Koepke looks no different than Raddysh to me, minus Raddysh scoring the odd goal.

Reactions: DaBolts

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I wonder if we see another Hagel type move with Koepke and Foote going the other way this year
I don't think Foote has a shred of value at this point. Well, no, but not anything close to what brought Hagel in.

Hagel cost a lot for his age and his contract, IMO. I feel like we'd have to pay for it again, if something like that was out there. Not sure if either Foote or Koepke are worth more than, what? A 3rd?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
I don't think Foote has a shred of value at this point. Well, no, but not anything close to what brought Hagel in.

Hagel cost a lot for his age and his contract, IMO. I feel like we'd have to pay for it again, if something like that was out there. Not sure if either Foote or Koepke are worth more than, what? A 3rd?
maybe package them and a pick to Nashville for Tolvanen

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Just watched the game delayed but a few things... firstly, this is what stands out to me. Koepke is a warm body much like Raddysh or Katchouk. Foote is a bit more valuable but if Bogo comes back, we still have Fleury in the press box or even Myers should we hit another injury spell.

Secondly, Perbix (and Serg) had themselves a really good game. Hagel's whiff was hilarious but his forechecking is pretty damn good. Kuch is the second best player in the league, I don't care what Edmonton fans have to say. Elliot and Comrie played amazing! Goaltending battle. Both came up with game saving stops. We definitely need a another forward. With Cirelli coming back soon, that will push Paul down or strengthen the third line but I would still like a speedy winger added to the group. Nhl quality. Koepke looks no different than Raddysh to me, minus Raddysh scoring the odd goal.
This is a recurring issue we had before winning B2B as well: when Point and Kuch are on the same line, that leaves Stammer "alone" on the second. He needs someone that complements his scoring and playmaking touch. And unless Cirelli takes a huge step up in offensive capabilities and production, his return won't fill that gap.

This is why getting Name this summer was a big head scratch for me, he's not the kind of player that complements Stammer IMO
When I see Name 2.5M AAV and see that Detroit signed Kubalik for the same AAV, fuuuck me man. I was wishing so bad that we would get him.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Top line looked good all night. Thought Perbix looked great even before he scored. Looks like a solid NHL Dman to me, which helps. Still need one or two more of those.
We need our Bogo to make Publix complete.

Reactions: DMXATF23

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Really glad to see Perbix score. He's been mostly very solid since his debut. He makes an occasional gaffe but he looks like a ten year vet compared to our rotating cast of jolly jokers on the third pair.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
What is it with NHL players and orange beards anyway? I swear I don't see them anywhere else.
yeah I dunno, must be an irish/scot thing or lack of sunlight I dont know. As I think about it, I havbent seen orange beards anywhere else. I know to take red heads seriously in sport because they can be brutal...

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
yeah I dunno, must be an irish/scot thing or lack of sunlight I dont know. As I think about it, I havbent seen orange beards anywhere else. I know to take red heads seriously in sport because they can be brutal...
There was a point in the Giroux/Voracek years when it seemed like Philly had just gone all in on ginger. In that famous game where they fought the Penguins all night, there were like 5 red beards in the box at the same time.

Reactions: TheFurryPickle

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
There was a point in the Giroux/Voracek years when it seemed like Philly had just gone all in on ginger. In that famous game where they fought the Penguins all night, there were like 5 red beards in the box at the same time.
2004 Flyers and 2004 Flames. I'm pretty sure everybody on those two teams except Iginla had an orange beard. I'm also pretty sure if he grew it out it would've turned orange.

Reactions: DFC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad