GDT: 11/4/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
So the people who voted for him to win were shaking their heads when he did win?

That does not make sense.

I am curious how it is not the objective view to agree with those who voted for him to win and be a finalist over the past few years than a couple guys who focus on an algorithm and “add their gut view” which is just a nice way of saying they add their homer views.
The way many of you put words in peoples mouths is ridiculous. If you cannot acknowledge that there were many in the hockey media who questioned Hedman being the Norris winner last year than there is nothing more to talk about. And yes, many were voters who did not choose Hedman as their first choice. Let me also point out that many of those same voters as well as the podcasters mentioned felt that Hedman should have won it in previous years and didn't. I happen to agree with them. None of it means that I don't think Heddy is a great defenseman or that I am not glad he is on our team. I just thought it was an interesting take that Lightning fans might want to hear. I'm pretty new here but I had no idea how many people on these boards are incapable of having an open discussion about hockey and maybe even say something critical about one of our players without the personal attacks. It's a joke. What is also a joke is the degree to which the sysops permit it.

Last edited:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The way many of you put words in peoples mouths is ridiculous. If you cannot acknowledge that there were many in the hockey media who questioned Hedman being the Norris winner last year than there is nothing more to talk about. And yes, many were voters who did not choose Hedman as their first choice. Let me also point out that many of those same voters as well as the podcasters mentioned felt that Hedman should have won it in previous years and didn't. I happen to agree with them. None of it means that I don't think Heddy is a great defenseman or that I am not glad he is on our team. I just thought it was an interesting take that Lightning fans might want to hear. I'm pretty new here but I had no idea how many people on these boards are incapable of having an open discussion about hockey and maybe even say something critical about one of our players without the personal attacks. It's a joke. What is also a joke is the degree to which the sysops permit it.

Ok how about you expand on this since you're spewing it over and over. If you're going to state it back it up, other than a podcast where 2 guys disagree with the result, that's like taking 2 posters off here and verifying them as "hockey media." There will ALWAYS be people disagreeing with the result considering no one will EVER wins unanimously, you only have a valid point if the majority of "hockey media" was disagreeing with the result. Otherwise chalk it up as the minority of people who are upset because their choice didn't win. Because you read some articles and extrapolated them across the board doesn't make it true. Hedman secured the 2nd most 1st place votes on his Norris win than any other winner other than Burns the last 10 years, this could be longer I just gave up after going back 10 years because the points already proven.

Considering Hedman's Norris was one of least contended wins of the decade, I doubt you'll find much evidence to support your claim. I'm sure there are people who don't think Connor McDavid is the best forward in the league and have "numbers" to back it up, does anyone really care? No, unless you're implying it's a general perception without evidence like you are here.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Ok how about you expand on this since you're spewing it over and over. If you're going to state it back it up, other than a podcast where 2 guys disagree with the result, that's like taking 2 posters off here and verifying them as "hockey media." There will ALWAYS be people disagreeing with the result considering no one will EVER wins unanimously, you only have a valid point if the majority of "hockey media" was disagreeing with the result. Otherwise chalk it up as the minority of people who are upset because their choice didn't win. Because you read some articles and extrapolated them across the board doesn't make it true. Hedman secured the 2nd most 1st place votes on his Norris win than any other winner other than Burns the last 10 years, this could be longer I just gave up after going back 10 years because the points already proven.

Considering Hedman's Norris was one of least contended wins of the decade, I doubt you'll find much evidence to support your claim. I'm sure there are people who don't think Connor McDavid is the best forward in the league and have "numbers" to back it up, does anyone really care? No, unless you're implying it's a general perception without evidence like you are here.
Jesus, man. This is not about the opinion being correct or not. There is no answer to that. I have an opinion, it happened to coincide with someone else's. I posted it. Other people, more people, felt differently. The preponderance of the evidence is on their side. I concede the point. None of that precludes me from stating my disagreement with it and giving my reasons why. None of it was done to troll. I wondered if others felt the same. Obviously most don't. None of that justifies being told to "f*ck off" by some asshole. Nothing I posted was done in a spirit of disrespect or to tweak anyone. That is the point. The only point at this stage of things. Btw, no one seemed to object when I posted the rating of the wings from the same two podcasters a couple of weeks ago. Their choice was Kuch, by a mile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad