GDT: 11/29/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Boston

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Once again, Tampa played one period out of 3 rather well. 1st was meh and down a goal, 2nd was great, 3rd was more meh. Not going to cut it against any real team this year.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
I think we played a complete game except for about 10 seconds when on the PK we had all 4 guys on top of the puck 50 feet from the net. That play was guaranteed disaster. Everything else was hard earned on both sides.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Boston looks much better this year in all facets, and they're still missing key pieces as well. Things can change, but this Boston team looks much different than any from the past 4 or 5 years.
We say that nearly every year though.

We match up well against Boston. Not as good as in years past, but that's true for us and anybody. We have always been able to put together a shut down unit. That will be harder this year, but we still have Point and Cirelli up front, and (I'm assuming) Hedman and Cernak.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I think we played a complete game except for about 10 seconds when on the PK we had all 4 guys on top of the puck 50 feet from the net. That play was guaranteed disaster. Everything else was hard earned on both sides.
I agree. It’s killorns fault.

t:mad:>

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
We say that nearly every year though.

We match up well against Boston. Not as good as in years past, but that's true for us and anybody. We have always been able to put together a shut down unit. That will be harder this year, but we still have Point and Cirelli up front, and (I'm assuming) Hedman and Cernak.
Sure, but based on the evidence there is so far, Tampa has been outplayed twice by them and Boston is surging. They'll cool off of course and Tampa usually matches up well with them, but based on what we've seen so far, Boston is well out in front.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Sure, but based on the evidence there is so far, Tampa has been outplayed twice by them and Boston is surging. They'll cool off of course and Tampa usually matches up well with them, but based on what we've seen so far, Boston is well out in front.
Just because a team is dominant in the regular season doesn't mean it will translate into the playoffs. If only there was an example I could use...

Pretty much sums it up.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Just because a team is dominant in the regular season doesn't mean it will translate into the playoffs. If only there was an example I could use...

Pretty much sums it up.

Yeah..if there's something we've learnt over the past years, then it's literally that regular season record's means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It's not to discredit Bruins, they are definitely a team to respect, but as long as we make the playoffs I won't put any emphasis on how the regular games went.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tonight was really tight, and we are on the road after playing last night. I dont think we got outplayed. Played a close game against a really good team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yeah..if there's something we've learnt over the past years, then it's literally that regular season record's means nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It's not to discredit Bruins, they are definitely a team to respect, but as long as we make the playoffs I won't put any emphasis on how the regular games went.

I'd rather take the Bruins than Toronto, that series was a shitshow and a coin flip, we've dominated Boston the last 2 times and their style is easier to contain.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

Pretty much sums it up.

No, it doesn't, but then again neither does assuming Tampa will beat them again because they've done so a couple times in the past.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Tonight was really tight, and we are on the road after playing last night. I dont think we got outplayed. Played a close game against a really good team.
2nd half of a b2b was rough, but in the end, they were outplayed. Boston took advantage of some key opportunities when they had the chance, Tampa didn't. Puck luck and all that sure, and it was closer than the laugher in Tampa, but in the end, Boston is just better so far. Getting Cirelli back should help, maybe by the next time the teams meet. Tampa knows how to win in the playoffs better than most, but I won't say Tampa beats them because different teams did so in '18 and '20.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No, it doesn't, but then again neither does assuming Tampa will beat them again because they've done so a couple times in the past.
Nobody's assuming, really. We aren't as good as we were in previous years, especially the cup years. That's a given. The question is whether or not we are still a contender. We are clearly no longer the favorite.

Playing neck and neck with Boston and losing isn't a sign we aren't a contender. We are right there in the mix, IMO. We just need more luck than we did in years past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad