GDT: 11/29/16 - Wild @ Canucks - 9 PM CT / 5 AM Suomi - FS-N - Family Feud Edition!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Aside from after winning the challenge, every shot they had of BB he had a look on his face that seemed to say, "oh **** me .... What am I going to do with this team."

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Dumba was horrible. Koivu was horrible. Granlund looked weak on the puck. Spurgeon and Scandella sucked.

Zucker was good on the offensive zone.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
Based on this game alone I almost wish we had the other Granlund.

Oh and Kuemper needs to be sent packing somewhere. Stalock cannot be worse than him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, do we need have elite goaltending to beat crap teams ?

Nino had some good moments, but those two giveaways in the O zone when our net was empty were painful to watch.

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I assume this is Audra Martin you're referring to, and I agree. Her job description is literally "be able to talk" and she Cannot. Do. It. :laugh:

I have a feeling this is one of those jobs where a picture is required with the resume. In fact, pictures alone could have been enough based on her ability to do the job.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dumba was horrible. Koivu was horrible. Granlund looked weak on the puck. Spurgeon and Scandella sucked.

Zucker was good on the offensive zone.

Just about their whole team is at least 6'-0" 190lbs. Wild's skill got out muscled tonight. Spurgeon and Granny don't seem to play well against this type of team. Scandella is who really disappointed me. He has the size and strength to play with their size.

I wasn't disappointed in the ozone effort of any of the FWD line, the dzone none of them really looked good.

Next 3 games are all skill v skill match ups and all winnable if the team defense shows up.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Oh on the bright side all the d-men were under 25 min ToI.

I would have liked to see Haula's line get more than 10 mins 5v5 time. The the 4th line got about 8 mins 5v5. Koivu line 18 min, Staal line 16 min. It's the ToI is more of a back to back distribution, not a couple of days off before and after this game. :huh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Just about their whole team is at least 6'-0" 190lbs. Wild's skill got out muscled tonight. Spurgeon and Granny don't seem to play well against this type of team. Scandella is who really disappointed me. He has the size and strength to play with their size.

I wasn't disappointed in the ozone effort of any of the FWD line, the dzone none of them really looked good.

Next 3 games are all skill v skill match ups and all winnable if the team defense shows up.

Maybe we missed Folin? The term " crease clearer" has become almost an insult, but that's what we needed tonight...that and far more aggressive close outs in the defensive zone.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Maybe we missed Folin? The term " crease clearer" has become almost an insult, but that's what we needed tonight...that and far more aggressive close outs in the defensive zone.

Was thinking the same thing.

The team also blocked less shots than normal, 12 recorded and Brodin had half of those. Shot blocking is a huge part of their team defense.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I liked Stecher, Horvat and Tryamkin from the Canucks. Better than I expected them to be.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Dumba should be traded while he still has value. What happens if he is still not surpassing 30 points in the next season or two?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I love Boudreau's honesty in his post-game interviews:

I assume this is Audra Martin you're referring to, and I agree. Her job description is literally "be able to talk" and she Cannot. Do. It. :laugh:

I feel like they tried too hard to find another "Jamie Hersch" and ended up with someone who looks similar to Jamie Hersch but has nowhere near the same level of on-camera charisma.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Dumba should be traded while he still has value. What happens if he is still not surpassing 30 points in the next season or two?

Jared Spurgeon has never surpassed 30 points in his career. Dumba had a poor game but that doesn't mean he should be scuttled, as he is a 22 year old capable of offense, playing in the NHL on a bargain contract for this season and next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad