GDT: 11/28/23 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Arizona

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
I mean no but there multi millionaires I can’t see how that relates?
So even if you are a millionaire, with a finite shelf life, you would willing leave millions on the table? Look man, I know its easy for all of us who are peasants to say "It's easy to leave that much money when I have so much." But frankly that isn't true. No matter how good a guy I think all of you are, I will say you are f***ing out lunch and just lying to us if you said at any juncture in your life, poor or rich would you willingly leave millions on the table to do your employer a favour.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
So even if you are a millionaire, with a finite shelf life, you would willing leave millions on the table? Look man, I know its easy for all of us who are peasants to say "It's easy to leave that much money when I have so much." But frankly that isn't true. No matter how good a guy I think all of you are, I will say you are f***ing out lunch and just lying to us if you said at any juncture in your life, poor or rich would you willingly leave millions on the table to do your employer a favour.

I’m happy with players getting paid and getting as much as they can, but I also expect them to live up to their contract. If I went to my boss tomorrow and told him to guarantee me the next 8 years pay regardless of job performance I would find myself unemployed.

I get that it’s the standard, but I also think it’s asking a lot for your average joe to empathize or relate to that kind of situation.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I’m happy with players getting paid and getting as much as they can, but I also expect them to live up to their contract. If I went to my boss tomorrow and told him to guarantee me the next 8 years pay regardless of job performance I would find myself unemployed.

I get that it’s the standard, but I also think it’s asking a lot for your average joe to empathize or relate to that kind of situation.
Expectations is not a popular subject in a fan base. People will argue any point to support justification. They think nothing of it that many of these guys will make more in one year than they will in their lifetime.

We must embrace average now because that is what this team is. The elite status competing for cups is over for now. This is a team that will get hot and score one game and then go to sleep for a few games. I’m not giving up on the Vasi effect which could well keep the team close as a bubble team but every team in the division has games in hand on us. To make it more scary the Sens have like 6 games in hand on us with a path to being above us in the standings. But we are good overpaying some of these guys as much as 100% more than there comparable players.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Expectations is not a popular subject in a fan base. People will argue any point to support justification. They think nothing of it that many of these guys will make more in one year than they will in their lifetime.

We must embrace average now because that is what this team is. The elite status competing for cups is over for now. This is a team that will get hot and score one game and then go to sleep for a few games. I’m not giving up on the Vasi effect which could well keep the team close as a bubble team but every team in the division has games in hand on us. To make it more scary the Sens have like 6 games in hand on us with a path to being above us in the standings. But we are good overpaying some of these guys as much as 100% more than there comparable players.
Like clockwork

• Haha
Reactions: Stammertime91

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Ya that’s true that’s the other problem I’d say cirell and serg got over paid by at least 1 million per year each. Even cernak got over paid 500 k per year too much .

It's too early to freak out but the fact that we have no 1st round picks till 2026?

Like we have to make the playoffs the next couple years to justify that.
Ya it’s gonna be tough to make the playoffs this year and next year Detroit, Boston, Florida and Toronto are definitely better than we are right now . As for next year if we pay Stamkos then we can’t really add anything else because we are capped out again

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
You haven’t been paying attention if you think Stammer won’t take at least a modest haircut to ensure the team can be better and more competitive.

Reactions: Renopucker

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It's too early to freak out but the fact that we have no 1st round picks till 2026?

Like we have to make the playoffs the next couple years to justify that.
Bingo. This team has to be a playoff team. If you have to move a player who isn't part of the core 5 then so be it. This team isn't near rebuild so taking runs has to the option. That said, JBB can't go all in anymore as we just don't have the assets and at this point it's best not to give up any firsts thst we do actually have.

Reactions: Night Shift

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Disagree we played terrible the past two games yes we are getting shots but nothing was even that close to a good scoring chance come on cooper wake up !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Gongshow

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I am here to overreact. Where do I line up?

IDK what to say - we got a decent number of good chances and barely gave up any. JJ was pretty terrible and let in at least two complete stinkers. Ingram played well and we missed a lot of chances. Hedman clanks a post, we had about three breakaways that we couldn't convert, Stamkos missed essentially an empty net - could have easily gotten 4/5 with just a bit better puck luck.

We controlled the play, limited chances fairly well and created some great chances to boot. Hockey is a random ass sport sometimes but we deserved 2 points here.

Paul and Hedman just watching and I don’t even know where the other defenseman was ?

I mean no but there multi millionaires I can’t see how that relates?
Hedman was guarding the back door and played it fine.

Paul didn't adapt to the Dman being caught high and ended up floating in no man's land. Breakdown was his. That being said - shot still should have been stopped.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

IDK what to say - we got a decent number of good chances and barely gave up any. JJ was pretty terrible and let in at least two complete stinkers. Ingram played well and we missed a lot of chances. Hedman clanks a post, we had about three breakaways that we couldn't convert, Stamkos missed essentially an empty net - could have easily gotten 4/5 with just a bit better puck luck.

We controlled the play, limited chances fairly well and created some great chances to boot. Hockey is a random ass sport sometimes but we deserved 2 points here.

Paul didn't adapt to the Dman being caught high and ended up floating in no man's land. Breakdown was his. That being said - shot still should have been stopped.
Paul pissed me off seems he didn’t try to get back and then just watched to help the defense out

Oh the old “bounces didn’t go our way” Cooperism. A timeless classic.
Cooper is
Nuts we were not even close
To winning these last two games we didn’t compete

Reactions: The Gongshow

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
When Paul isnt scoring, he is a steaming pile. Inconsistency defined.

Last 10 for him: 1 goal, 1 assist and -13.
For someone who's 230 lbs, Id expect some sort of physicality on the forecheck or along the boards--other contributions besides scoring, yet he seems to only use his size to park by the net. I don't think he is a top 6 guy to just live off his scoring.

Last edited:

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Perry's point totals look interesting...until you look at his plus/minus.
He is NOT the kind of player the team needs right now to try and score points while giving up even more while he is on the ice.
Robert is waiver exempt and playing well for the Crunch. Promote from within, otherwise we will never know what we have and/or what might have been.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida

I missed you

• Love
Reactions: The Macho King

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad