GDT: 11/27/23 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I think the avs actually practice the diving part of their game. Its pretty hilarious how animated they are when they go down.

Reactions: Hoek

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Yeah, the officiating wasn't great, but Tampa was outplayed in almost every facet of that game. When facing a team just as talented(if not moreso) than your own, the level of play from the Bolts is rarely going to lead to the W. The early power play ineptitude and more defensive lapses hurt badly.

Reactions: Powerplay17

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
The stats of this game are quite misleading. Felt like they never really had a chance in this one. Huge puck luck and one-sided officiating certainly didn’t help.

Reactions: Master P

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
We shot ourselves in the foot early, and the officiating sucked donkey nuts.

Not even upset about this shit show or willing to draw any conclusions from it. Wash this shit off and move on.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Yeah, the officiating wasn't great, but Tampa was outplayed in almost every facet of that game. When facing a team just as talented(if not moreso) than your own, the level of play from the Bolts is rarely going to lead to the W. The early power play ineptitude and more defensive lapses hurt badly.
Did we watch the same game? There were stretches in that game where colorado had nothing going.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Disagree. There was a solid half of the game where Colorado was being outplayed. The whole first period pretty much, and most of the third.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Despite the loss, I still find myself thinking about how thankful I am for how f***ing fun this team is to watch.

We've had such a good team for so long. Getting to watch a cast of hall of famers for years is hard to beat.

As Cooper says, "Process over outcome."

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Disagree. There was a solid half of the game where Colorado was being outplayed. The whole first period pretty much, and most of the third.
Tampa may have had more shots, but far fewer dangerous attempts for Georgiev to stop. He was the better G, their power play and pk were better, and they converted on Tampa's miscues. I didn't see Tampa outplaying them over the stretch of any one period, and certainly not for half the game. I missed some of the 1st and 2nd, but I've seen enough on replay.

Reactions: Powerplay17

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Did we watch the same game? There were stretches in that game where colorado had nothing going.
And Tampa had far more of them.The Avs had the better power play, pk, better G and defense. Tampa had early opportunities to take control, but they failed. Then Colorado put it away early in the 2nd. Perhaps if Tampa had either made it 3-2 by the end of the 2nd, or came out and done anything tbe 1st 10 minutes of the 3rd, the result may have been different, but it is what it is.

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Losing Ace's goal hurt, big time.
PP was incredibly inept and gave AVS mo.
Can't fault 88 on any of the 3. First was a perfectly placed bullet from 20' Second was an off the skate dribbler and the third was after a big save, tough rebound.
Eyessimont continues to impress. Is almost MSL-like in ability to control pucks along the boards against way bigger players.
Finally, what was the shots attempted vs SOG? Yeah, Georgiev was stout, but missing the cage sure doesn't help.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
And Tampa had far more of them.The Avs had the better power play, pk, better G and defense. Tampa had early opportunities to take control, but they failed. Then Colorado put it away early in the 2nd. Perhaps if Tampa had either made it 3-2 by the end of the 2nd, or came out and done anything tbe 1st 10 minutes of the 3rd, the result may have been different, but it is what it is.
Games like this happen. But to suggest Tampa was outplayed for almost the entire game is laughable.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Games like this happen. But to suggest Tampa was outplayed for almost the entire game is laughable.
They might have been the better team for part of the 1st, the last few minutes of the 2nd, and a few minutes in the latter stages of the 3rd. As I said, Tampa was outplayed in just about every facet of the game, regardless of how much time they may or may not have looked solid. When you fail to capitalize on your opportunities and the other team exploits some of your mistakes, and the other team's goalie is better, you've likely been outplayed, which was my point.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
They might have been the better team for part of the 1st, the last few minutes of the 2nd, and a few minutes in the latter stages of the 3rd. As I said, Tampa was outplayed in just about every facet of the game, regardless of how much time they may or may not have looked solid. When you fail to capitalize on your opportunities and the other team exploits some of your mistakes, and the other team's goalie is better, you've likely been outplayed, which was my point.
Teams get stonewalled by goalies all the time. That doesn't mean they got outplayed. Thats just hockey.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Teams get stonewalled by goalies all the time. That doesn't mean they got outplayed. Thats just hockey.
Except they were worse on the power play, worse on the pk, continued to make defensive gaffes and failed on most of their high danger chances(which weren't alot). Yes, they were stonewalled by a good goalie, and they were outplayed in several other areas.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Except they were worse on the power play, worse on the pk, continued to make defensive gaffes and failed on most of their high danger chances(which weren't alot). Yes, they were stonewalled by a good goalie, and they were outplayed in several other areas.
I disagree

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I disagree
That's fine, but it doesn't change the facts and the stats from last night say otherwise(which is in part what I've based my argument on). I won't look at the team when they play at 75-80% of what they're capable of doing and say, well, guess they played well and should've earned a point. Nah, when you bring that effort against the better teams you are going to often lose. If that was the best the team could do, then I'd be somewhat fine with last night, but it was far from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad