GDT: 11/22/17 - 7:30PM EDT - Chicago vs Tampa Bay

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Glad to get the points . I hope we don’t fall into that old habit of falling behind
Early and trying to pull it out in the third. We were lucky with hawks missing some wide open nets and shouldn’t be too proud of this game
We definitely had a bit of luck on our side. Officiating went our way as well. Fought hard for the win, but that one still could have easily gone the other way on us.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Was about to be really pissed about Stamkos not shooting there but glad it worked out.

Nothing wrong about passing to a player who has a higher chance to score than you are. Does not matter which name you have - Crosby or Stamkos or no-name from a 4th line. Hockey is not about who has a better shot. It is about a team play. Trading for a better high scoring chance instead of taking a low chance is always was a sign of a high skill. Almost every good player would do this. What TV commentators said yesterday about Kucherov pass and other Tampa players passing too much is completely wrong and unprofessional.

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
I kept from reading any game related news (to avoid possible spoiler) the whole day to enjoy a time-shift game replay 12 hours later. It's not easy to be a TBL fan in the UTC+8 timezone, since most games are played in office hours. Furthermore, although the local TV channel has 4 NHL games (and 3 KHL games) on live each week, this is the FIRST time we got to see bolts on live ever since the season start. Can you believe that? Maybe they just chose this one as (one more) hawks game rather than a leading-the-league-in-points-and-player-stats lightening's game. So glad the team came back from a horrible first period. If they lost this one I'd be really sad (won't drink a lot for that, though:)).

BTW, do you guys have any online game live options to recommend, besides NHT.tv? Thanks in advance. Would like to buy a service for weekend bolts games...

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Agreed somewhat. It's mostly chemistry, I think what people mean when they say he's reinvented himself though is that he's become more of a pass first guy versus a shoot first guy. I think that is the best explanation, the offense flows through Kucherov and Hedman now.

When I say it, it's more about how he makes a lot of smart, simple plays now. Doesn't go for the low percentage pass as much. Just looks for the open man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad