GDT: 11/21 Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs 7pm ET NESN, CBC, NHLN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoutimicucumber

Aug 4, 2009
Those announcers are never getting over Marchand in 2011. They just played a montage followed up by the hit precipitating the first period non-fight and called it knee-on-knee again. :cry:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Game feels like the next goal wins it and I'm afraid the Leafs are going to score it.

Every time we are in our D zone I expect that one mistake that burns us.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Nhl wants more offense? Do something to discourage constant icings.

I'm usually not one to talk about rule changes (I really think it's silly to try to manipulate the game as much as is done), but this is what I'm all for. That would make such a huge difference. Wasn't it Lemieux who had the idea to give a team two or three icings a game and then have it be a minor penalty every time after? I really like that idea.

jdz

May 22, 2013
Game feels like the next goal wins it and I'm afraid the Leafs are going to score it.

Every time we are in our D zone I expect that one mistake that burns us.

prototypical leafs game this year....grind-em-out close ones. Steal wins in OT or shootout. yuck

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm usually not one to talk about rule changes (I really think it's silly to try to manipulate the game as much as is done), but this is what I'm all for. That would make such a huge difference. Wasn't it Lemieux who had the idea to give a team two or three icings a game and then have it be a minor penalty every time after? I really like that idea.

It might reduce some of the long passes because they won't be worth he risk if you fail to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad