GDT: 11/21/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
"Here lies" might be the best inside joke this board has ever had. Was it Stammertime91?
BeavisNeverScored.jpg

it's an old meme, and super ubiquitous in hockey online circles because of the double meaning of "scored"

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
i'm sure vasy is unaware that he could be playing better. he is just so happy to be letting in goals. let's all get mad so he will finally decide to play better

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
He and Hedman need to get their heads out of their asses if we're going to make another run.

I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for Hedman, we've been noticing poor play from him for quite awhile. I think we just need to accept his best days are behind him, unfortunately. Still better than most defenseman and I think clearly has many more seasons, but they won't be as dominant as they once were.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think we're seeing the beginning of the end for Hedman, we've been noticing poor play from him for quite awhile. I think we just need to accept his best days are behind him, unfortunately. Still better than most defenseman and I think clearly has many more seasons, but they won't be as dominant as they once were.
He topped 80 points for the first time in his career last year.

Reactions: Hoek and Peacefool

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Great start to the game and then Vasy lets in a goal that embarrasses a beer league goalie. It deflated the team completely and the suckage was on after that. The guy needs to get his head out of his ass and start playing like a guy who makes 9.5 million. He's regularly the second best goalie in a game and that's unacceptable. He was the one guy we could always trust but that trust has been waning dating back to last season.
I agree but what was Serge doing on the wrong side of the ice? That was his man that walked in and slapped it uncontested. I know some here love the dude but he is one of those Russian D men only looking for offense. Only thing different between him and Zadorov is the brand of Vodka.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I agree but what was Serge doing on the wrong side of the ice? That was his man that walked in and slapped it uncontested. I know some here love the dude but he is one of those Russian D men only looking for offense. Only thing different between him and Zadorov is the brand of Vodka.
Serge was covering #80, and Cole #18. Both bruins were in front of krecji. The bruins went wide a lot to spread us out and it worked.

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I'll take 20-30 less points and his defensive game from the 2020 run, he's been way too leaky since. Point's will come by pretty easily with our forward talent, Sergachev is doing the offensive work now so the defensive side needs to be tightened up.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
So many areas whet the team is lacking right now. Individual players and groups. The FO% for this team is horrid and pocession starts there, mix in the drop in passing ability top to bottom it results in lower gpg. Then the vicious increases in goals allowed is the perfect storm. The last month Point has had maybe his worst stretch of hockey in Tampa. Three players that are performing at last years level Kuch, Killer and Paul and to that point Killer and Paul have the best shooting % on the team with for player with more than 25 shots. This is not the year for Heddy and Vasi to fall apart but that has happened for the first 1/4 of the season. The good news Vasi can turn on a dime if he could post one shut out that could reset him. With Bogo back this should improve overall defense and allow Heddy to reset , hopefully. Any 3rd pair we run out there have been devastating.

This is not a deep run team by any measure, the only way would be to make it in and Vasi just go nuts.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015

Right but we're seeing stretches of poor play from him...which is why I said the beginning of the end...not the end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad