The future, leading the team currently.

POxngjJ.png

Nice.jpg

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Eriksson coming alive!!
Boeser is a snipe show!
Sedins... the one time this season i was screaming to keep em on the bench in the 3rd so they have legs tomorrow...

This team is garbage, Horvat's line is keeping this team from being Arizona bad

Jeez man...
You should look around the league.... where would Philly be without their top line... probably worse than Az.. they are a bad team... Or most teams without their top line?

We have depth to our lineup... better than most.
Sure we lack top end skill.. but we got under appreciated/under rated depth.

It will become.e more apparent to the blind as the season rolls on...

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
I still shake my head that we have a Brock (what a shot!) Boesser on the Canucks. It may take a few years for it to sink in.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
between Boeser and Pettersens new contracts we are going to be screwed capwise!!!!

Wait that kind of worry is years away

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
between Boeser and Pettersens new contracts we are going to be screwed capwise!!!!

Wait that kind of worry is years away

Twins will be gone, that's 14 mil off; Edler's contract will be done in a year and half, another 5 mil. We should be OK.

if LE can further elevate his play, his 6 mil will look less of a pain in the ass than it does now.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Just watched the PVR game. I'll comment on a few players however I will restrain from the BBB splurge.

Eriksson showing everyone he doesn't actually suck. He's been very good since coming back and it's good to see him get rewarded. That shot that hit the post was hot.
I don't mind the Eriksson Granlund Vanek line, there's chemistry there.

Gaunce... Is the man. He's played really well and definitely deserves some points. Those will come.

Sedin's got points and were good on the PP, but it's still sad to see they struggle with taking and receiving passes.

Virtanen was okay. I don't like him with the Sedin's. He defers to them too much.

Pouliot is coming into his own. Excellent in transition and he's definitely a higher risk player. However, he fits on this roster with his style and I like it.

Hutton was quietly solid. Anchored to Gudbranson and he still impresses me. Another player who should probably have more points. Very underrated by a significant percentage of fans here.

Gudbranson and Hutton didn't have a good possession game but Gudbranson did make some decent plays tonight and used his body to separate puck from player. A lot of things I hate about his play but I'm trying to remain impartial

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Eriksson looks completely different since coming back from injury, looks like he is finally returning to his 55-60 point form.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Baertschi and Boeser seem to be in a close race as to who will the be the leading goal scorer, this bodes well for our future and hopefully both keep it rolling.

Honestly I'm fine with the Vanek signing, because he's still pretty crafty and entertaining to watch, it's the Gagner signing that I'm absolutely annoyed at. He's a fringe vanilla soft player that brings nothing to the table. Considering how inept he has been on the PP, the aspect he's supposedly "good" at, his contract is horrible especially the term. I'd rather have Burmistrov.

Benning brings guys in and plans to use them in ways they were not used in their last place of lodging. Then they fail and the fan base ranks on them. Gagner is not being employed the way Columbus used him. He did have a 50 pt season. The same with Upshall. He had a great year for the Blues last season on a hard checking in your face energy line and the PK. He looked liked crap in Vancouver and St. Louis picked him back up and he is a regular every night back on the same line with the West's best team. Don't you think he could have taken a similar role in Vancouver?

I think the Canucks make a decision on how they want to play and try to put all the guys into certain peg holes. That doesn't work with a lot of players. Green is partially to blame for this as well as I believe the season philosophy is arrived at by mutual consensus.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Benning brings guys in and plans to use them in ways they were not used in their last place of lodging. Then they fail and the fan base ranks on them. Gagner is not being employed the way Columbus used him. He did have a 50 pt season. The same with Upshall. He had a great year for the Blues last season on a hard checking in your face energy line and the PK. He looked liked crap in Vancouver and St. Louis picked him back up and he is a regular every night back on the same line with the West's best team. Don't you think he could have taken a similar role in Vancouver?

I think the Canucks make a decision on how they want to play and try to put all the guys into certain peg holes. That doesn't work with a lot of players. Green is partially to blame for this as well as I believe the season philosophy is arrived at by mutual consensus.

How Gagner should be employed is of a 7th forward type, who can come in during injuries, and play on the secondary PP Unit. That should be his role. As I said before during Columbus, Gagner was extra motivated because he was looking for a contract next season and was put in a more favourable situation with a offensive team. I believe he also played with Hartnell.

Gagner signed for 3 years, this made him relax, and not seem as motivated. He doesn't have the energy and spark he had than last, plus he had luck to boot.

Benning should've signed him to a one year, if the former doesn't abide to that agreement, then look elsewhere.

What Benning did was a mistake term wise. Simple as that.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
When was the last time the flyers had good goaltending the only time i can remember was with that 1 year with mason

The last year they had TOP notch goaltending was when the GM was their keeper. He won the Conn Smythe in a losing effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad