GDT: 11/21/15 - 7:00PM EDT - Anaheim VS Tampa Bay

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
what a game! maybe the losing and not scoring streak might be over. and TJ or palat weren't playing.

I have higher expectations right now!

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Oh and can't forget, second night in a row wearing the once retired VL4 jersey and this is what we get. I guess I'll be wearing that thing on Wednesday too.

So many great moments in tonights game. I love it when I can go to bed drunk and happy.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
4th game in row that we played hard and deserved a win. We were so overdue for a breakout game like this one.

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Tampa owns them, but they would have destroyed us in the Finals last year according to the Western Conference nut huggers.

Probably should have preferred them to win that Game 7 in retrospect, yeah...

No regrets, though. Losing to Anaheim would've been unbearable. I could at least live with falling short in a tight series to a dynasty team.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Will say some bad came from tonight:

Witkowski is not in any way an NHL player. No foot speed, bad decision making, and handles the puck like a grenade.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Really solid game all around.

Nice game from Stamkos. Kucherov is an absolute star.

I think Marchessault is an NHLer. Not sure how/if we can make him fit, but I think he's good enough to play in this league. For someone, anyway. Really liked Vermin again tonight too, although I don't think he's as much a sure-thing just yet. Both guys are playing with confidence right now. It's been a big boost.

Last edited:

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Oh and can't forget, second night in a row wearing the once retired VL4 jersey and this is what we get. I guess I'll be wearing that thing on Wednesday too.

So many great moments in tonights game. I love it when I can go to bed drunk and happy.

Me too. The ghost of VL4 still present in the ice palace.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Really solid game all around.

Nice game from Stamkos. Kucherov is an absolute star.

I think Marchessault is an NHLer. Not sure how/if we can make him fit, but I think he's good enough to play in this league. For someone, anyway. Really liked Vermin again tonight too, although I don't think he's as much a sure-thing just yet. Both guys are playing with confidence right now. It's been a big boost.

Espo complimented Vermin after the game and called him a smaller version of Palat. Dave Mishkin then made the parallel with both them being 7th rounders and Zettler showing him Palat footage earlier in the season. That's not a bad guy to be compared to.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Espo complimented Vermin after the game and called him a smaller version of Palat. Dave Mishkin then made the parallel with both them being 7th rounders and Zettler showing him Palat footage earlier in the season. That's not a bad guy to be compared to.

Well I sure wouldn't mind another Palat, hell not even a Palat that Palat was supposed to become before he got so freaking awesome. Can't have enough heart and soul on the bottom two lines

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
I visit my summer house for 1 day (yes in the winter) and I miss this?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Stralman still really p***** me off on the PP always going backwards with the puck or making a dumb play.

ANYWAYS..

The flood gates have been opened. The Hockey Gods have appeared to accept Tampas offering. Praise YzerJesus and the Hockey Gods.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Stralman still really p***** me off on the PP always going backwards with the puck or making a dumb play.

ANYWAYS..

The flood gates have been opened. The Hockey Gods have appeared to accept Tampas offering. Praise YzerJesus and the Hockey Gods.

We won a faceoff, got it back to the point and Stralman stickhandled it out of the blueline while backing up, luckily Stamkos scored 2 seconds later and nobody noticed.

Puck-moving defenseman, our biggest need right now. NEED a pointman to opperate on the PP, and no Nesterov is not the answer.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I broke a hockey commandment and bet against the Lightning tonight. Glad it worked in my favour, now I have a new superstition to use in desperate times :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad