GDT: 11/20/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Boston vs Tampa Bay

Renopucker

Jan 17, 2019
Reno
Nothing pisses off a goalie more than getting beat 5 hole. Swayman will be chewing his equipment off after that one. For 38 to see it and pop it, well that's impressive.

Reactions: RDTBay4

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Stammy Smile.JPG

OffBy1

Aug 5, 2021
Hedman +3, Serge -2. For the folks who say the +/- stat is worthless, sometimes it's not wrong.

Ace has been one of the most enjoyable players to watch this season. As someone else pointed out, he and Jeannot are a great third line pair. That was an awesome moment seeing Watson score what was a game-tying goal to get us back in it after those two deflating Boston goals.

Hedman's play to keep the puck in before Stammer scored was amazing. And so was his OT pass to Hagel. Stammer with several clutch faceoff wins. The team as a whole played great tonight, when the puck wasn't being poorly backhanded (twice) from deep in our zone onto a Bruin's stick and promptly into the back of our net.

JJ isn't high enough caliber to make our defense look acceptable, but he's given us chances to win most games he's played. Can you imagine last year's Brian Elliot trying to hold this team together for two months?

Saskyboy

Apr 27, 2021
Well that was a fun game to watch. Had to watch the gawd awful NESN feed with Jackass Edwards. So hard to listen to that stoner call a game and how terrible of a homer he is. So glad the Bolts were able to tie it up with seconds left and then actually win a couple faceoffs in OT. Low and behold they score and win. Great shot by Hagel going 5 hole after he went high on most of his other shots. Crazy how their line change got two guys behind all Boston players to make it a 2 on 0 for the winner. Will sleep good tonight.

Last edited:

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Best effort of the season, no doubt, but still WAY too many basic mental mistakes in our zone. It’s better to address it after a win, and it’s all fixable, but damn … Boston had so many high-danger chances in the low slot that I lost count. Credit to them for cashing in, but all 4 of their goals were off of major mistakes by the Bolts. The Bs last goal saw THREE Lightning skater go behind the net to take on 2 Bruins. Cirelli was the only one in front of the net but he was looking behind and all 4 of our skaters appeared shocked to see the puck squirt out for an easy one-timer by Coyle.

I’m excited to see the offense take shape, I’m grateful to have seen a full 60+ minutes of consistent fight and focus, and I’m happy that there aren’t any passengers or obvious minor leaguers on the ice. But this horrifying defensive coverage HAS to improve, and quickly. I don’t want to see them waiting for Vasy to cover for them. Maybe he stops one of tonight’s 4 goals because he’s a warlock, but surely we can’t expect him to be at peak performance right out of the gate.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Hedman won us this game with the great keep in for the tying goal and the pass for Hagel's goal.

Starter's workload probably getting to Johansson as he's just getting worse and worse. Three of the four Boston goals came from defensive mistakes once again but we needed a save in that third period. On Beecher's goal you could've driven a train through his five hole.

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Hedman won us this game with the great keep in for the tying goal and the pass for Hagel's goal.

Starter's workload probably getting to Johansson as he's just getting worse and worse. Three of the four Boston goals came from defensive mistakes once again but we needed a save in that third period. On Beecher's goal you could've driven a train through his five hole.
At least Johansson has, at most, 1 more start for a while.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I haven't had the chance to watch one, maybe two games all the way through this season because of random things and life, but for some reason the planets aligned, the kids went to bed 45 minutes earlier than normal and I got to watch. The big thing that struck me is they try to play really, really aggressive on the zone exits by flying all the forwards out, but right now the defensive pairings just aren't getting that puck out. You catch this on nearly each of those Boston goals, all the forwards are well and gone and you see someone like Perbix or de Haan back there and it just makes you cringe. The defenders aren't really always playing bad back there but a few guys need to learn to at least make a first pass or angle off the wall instead of dumping shit into middle ice for someone to grab with speed.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Wow what a game! Awesome! Lets just continue building after such a game!
I think Watson won spot over ABB, its like, where do you put ABB and SHeary at this point. Jeannot Motte/Cirelli Ace really good 3rd line. Watson plays hard fast at 4th. Like those combinations. Keep it going, Bolts!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad