GDT: 11/20/2014 - Minnesota @ Philadelphia - 6PM CST - 2AM Suomi - FS-N, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
That is one of the hardest fought game winning goals i have ever seen. Zucker created the chance, set up the passes, and scored the goal on the backdoor. Truly a great example of how much effort matters in this game. So happy with this win.
Vaneks pass to Suter was spetacular!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Why keep Koivu on the bench then?

The game was tight, maybe Yeo wanted him to stay so he'd still have the option to put him out at a short notice if absolutely necessary. Russo did say he looked sick after the game, so I doubt the conspiracy theories are true.

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
The game was tight, maybe Yeo wanted him to stay so he'd still have the option to put him out at a short notice if absolutely necessary. Russo did say he looked sick after the game, so I doubt the conspiracy theories are true.

Plus, Koivu is a captain. He may be needed to talk to a ref if something crazy happened and suter & parise wound up in the box.

Or centers started dropping like flies... etc.

Koivu wasn't benched, a certain group just really seems to wish he was.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Do you use any ad blockers?

Turned em all off. Didn't work.

Plus, Koivu is a captain. He may be needed to talk to a ref if something crazy happened and suter & parise wound up in the box.

Or centers started dropping like flies... etc.

Koivu wasn't benched, a certain group just really seems to wish he was.

Doesn't the NHL have some kind of rule regarding who can talk to them in the event all captains are unavailable?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also, the shootout was a possibility... may have been too sick for a shift, but that doesn't mean he couldn't do his backhand-shelf move (or the forehand) come shootout time if need be.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im just glad we found a way to win , how bizarre spurs foot guard fell off on the 2nd philly goal. how stupid was prosser for covering the puck? i thought philly tripped kuemper at least once and no call. we were out shot but 2 points in the standings for the good guys!

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Also, the shootout was a possibility... may have been too sick for a shift, but that doesn't mean he couldn't do his backhand-shelf move (or the forehand) come shootout time if need be.

Good call - That was the reason (confirmed by Russo)

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Scandella's all

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad