GDT: 11/19/15 - 7:30PM EDT - New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Not going to lie, I opted not to watch this game in favor of Ugetsu. I'm not sure if there's enough jidaigeki available to me to make it through the rest of the regular season AND the playoffs. :shakehead

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Rags fans are so spoiled. They are IMPLODING on their post game thread after a 9 game win streak.

9 game win streak.
Win streak.
Streak.

The only streak we have is constantly sucking lol. I don't even remember the time we went on a 9-10 game win streak. Have we ever done that in the Lightnings history?

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
THAT is what a will to win looks like. THAT is what has been the difference between this year and last.

Big win.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
A real good confidence builder to beat the hottest team .
I honestly didn't give them much of a chance and maybe the steep challenge helped motivate them.
Hopefully momentum is next.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If it's any sympathy to the NYR fans I hate the Lightning as much as they hate the Rangers after this loss. We won an enormous game but we HAVE TO get our act together. One fan called their loss a blip on the radar. I feel the same way about our win ironically.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I new after we scored the first goal that 1 wouldn't be enough to win it, glad Flip and Brown pulled out big game and a big play to get us the win, specially after it looked grim with Boyle getting that penalty with about a minute to go.

This win had to have pleased the Hockey Gods right?!? Have mercy on Tampa and let the curse lifted off of them

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really liked this win. We were balancing a lot of things better than we have in the past. We weren't 100% on D every time the puck crossed our blue line, and we were forechecking hard. It was a solid mix. And we pulled out a W with something like four AHLers and up against one of the better teams in the east. It was a well-earned win.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
filpula.jpg

Angry Fil says hello

Last edited:

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Bolts kept there head up and pulled it out!
Giving up that late goal on a mishandled puck by the Bolts and then a penalty at the end putting the Rangers on a scary 6v 4 with a few minutes left sure looked like game over. Brown should have gotten third star instead of Henry.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Most exciting Lightning game I've seen all year. Really like dwhat the young guys brought to the game tonight. I think that set the tone for the whole game.

Brown had a hell of a game.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Was at the game last night, would be awesome if the Rangers are the team that sparks the team's turnaround this season. Can't believe how many rangers fans were there.

It's amazing they won 9 games in a row prior to last night and some rangers fans are panicking. Really? Lol. Tampa still has a lot of work cut out for them and we need to get everyone back and on track.

Also, funny to see a PP worse than ours . Lol.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Evidently they thought the answer was to get someone to fight JT Brown...

Really? I mean, why would he take on someone that has 6 inches and 70 pounds on him? The dude will scrap a bit, but he's not an idiot.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Its like when we face a team that has injuries or is missing their star player, we always think its an advantage for us then end up loosing. I guess it works for us too, we're missing 5 players so maybe they thought it would be an easy win?!?

Ben played huuuuuuuge like he always does against the Rangers. 9-0 against them now.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Evidently they thought the answer was to get someone to fight JT Brown...

Really? I mean, why would he take on someone that has 6 inches and 70 pounds on him? The dude will scrap a bit, but he's not an idiot.

Boyle mocked him for getting into it with Yandle...well Yandle is bigger than him so what's the problem? Yandle can't handle a guy that's 5'10 175? Look out for big, bad JT Brown.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Boyle mocked him for getting into it with Yandle...well Yandle is bigger than him so what's the problem? Yandle can't handle a guy that's 5'10 175? Look out for big, bad JT Brown.

No Yandle played that perfectly, he's not going to let a 4th liner bait him into coincidental penalties.
Brown was doing his job, Yandle didn't take the bait, I'm surprised Boyle did but I guess he had enough of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad