Post-Game Talk: 11/19/13 Boston @ Rangers

KreiMeARiver*

It's the way the word is now. Participation trophies. Kids sports where they don't keep score.

It's the "everyone is special" mentality, perpetuated in the 90's, and with the advancements in technology and social media has lead to a generation of narcissists.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
It's the "everyone is special" mentality, perpetuated in the 90's, and with the advancements in technology and social media has lead to a generation of narcissists.
How did someone saying they're happy the Rangers played well end up here?

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I never said my opinion was the objective truth. I just don't get how people always defend him no matter what. When you are his status you should be getting disproportional praise and criticism.

I get what you're saying and to be honest I'm probably more prone to criticize a goalie based on my own abilities. There's times I'll blame Hank for stuff that seemingly goes unreported on here.

But to say anything about him last night or his last stretch is just really trying hard to look for a scapegoat instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I get what you're saying and to be honest I'm probably more prone to criticize a goalie based on my own abilities. There's times I'll blame Hank for stuff that seemingly goes unreported on here.

But to say anything about him last night or his last stretch is just really trying hard to look for a scapegoat instead of looking at the bigger picture.

SnowBlind has a nasty habit of going after the Rangers higher profile figures. Tortorella last season, Lundqvist this season.

One day, it is my hope he will get to examining the approximately half of the roster that is inadequate for an upper-echelon team, and the guy that constructs it year after year.

KreiMeARiver*

How did someone saying they're happy the Rangers played well end up here?

My comment was a meant as a societal observation, nothing to do with NYR, per se.

I am happy they played well (as opposed to playing poorly), but we need wins. Make no mistake, I don't believe in moral victories.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
Can't seem to find an updated injury thread here so I'll just use this...

Yahoo has taken Nash off the IR on my fantasy team yet I haven't even heard that he's been skating recently. Is Nash actually ready to go tomorrow night?

Good news for me... and you guys if he is.

RiceCooker

"We Got Some Looks"
Mar 6, 2007
Home !!

Yahoo has taken Nash off the IR on my fantasy team yet I haven't even heard that he's been skating recently. Is Nash actually ready to go tomorrow night?

I heard he's out for the year.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
So since *all* the forwards have a issue scoring. how many players must we trade before anyone is happy ?

KreiMeARiver*

He's playing in the KHL.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
So since *all* the forwards have a issue scoring. how many players must we trade before anyone is happy ?

75% of the roster is without a contract next season. Thats just fine with me, because it gives the team an opportunity to go in a new direction personnel-wise.

Whats not fine with me, and is the yearly death-knell to this team is that 70 year old geriatric will likely be the one building the roster again.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
It was a soft backhanded shot five hole. That's not the kind of shot most players get on a breakaway if someone's not impeding you. Sometimes, players go backhand forehand and slide a backhand between the legs, but he didn't even do that..

Due to the fact that you have never played goalie on the ice, you have no clue what its like to stop that kind of shot.

A player cutting in like that naturally opens up your five-hole while you're simultaneously butterfly sliding to match his positioning. If you don't play it 100% perfect you're either going to get lucky, or you're going to get beat.

Goalies get scored on, these are NHL players. Give some credit where credit is due. Also, refrain from talking about goaltending when you don't have any clue about it.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Whats not fine with me, and is the yearly death-knell to this team is that 70 year old geriatric will likely be the one building the roster again.

Maybe he retire, and we can hire whoever wins this years fantasy league. Cant be worse than Sather

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
people ***** and whine about a lack of finishers.

what we need to do is grab those superstar snipers Paille and Thornton.

Maybe, just maybe, this team is just in a scoring rut.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Your Internets is broken.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
people ***** and whine about a lack of finishers.

what we need to do is grab those superstar snipers Paille and Thornton.

Maybe, just maybe, this team is just in a scoring rut.

That'd be a plausible excuse if I locked myself into a vacuum and ignored a Rangers team that has not been able to consistently score goals for hundreds upon hundreds of games now.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
That'd be a plausible excuse if I locked myself into a vacuum and ignored a Rangers team that has not been able to consistently score goals for hundreds upon hundreds of games now.

didnt we score like 4 goals for like 6 games in a row or something right before this rut?

what does "consistently score goals" mean exactly?

we've been an average offensive team for the past decade...average teams have some games where they score, some games where they don't.

there arent any teams out there that are going to score 3 goals a game every single game.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Yea, but ugly goals in an ugly system count less.

wait, so what are you complaining about? im not even sure what your argument here is.

you just acknowledged that this team is an average goal scoring team, and you should agree that they are currently in a rut....

so what are you complaining about?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
didnt we score like 4 goals for like 6 games in a row or something right before this rut?

what does "consistently score goals" mean exactly?

we've been an average offensive team for the past decade...average teams have some games where they score, some games where they don't.

there arent any teams out there that are going to score 3 goals a game every single game.
Wrong. Pittsburgh scored exactly 3.38 goals every game last season.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
wait, so what are you complaining about? im not even sure what your argument here is.

you just acknowledged that this team is an average goal scoring team, and you should agree that they are currently in a rut....

so what are you complaining about?

My post you just quoted was in jest.

But since you're asking, I'd like a team that doesn't score 4+ goals for a few games in a row (against mostly poor competition outside of Pitt), and then go through another 4 games stretch scoring 4 goals total. I'd also like a team thats not 27th in the league in scoring after 21 games.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
My post you just quoted was in jest.

But since you're asking, I'd like a team that doesn't score 4+ goals for a few games in a row (against mostly poor competition outside of Pitt), and then go through another 4 games stretch scoring 4 goals total. I'd also like a team thats not 27th in the league in scoring after 21 games.

for me, i'll take the team thats generating chances consistently.

goals come and go, but if youre generating chances, the shooting percentage will eventually return to the mean, and you'll put up good offensive numbers.

ive seen a lot more good than bad over the past few weeks from this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad